myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 575/588
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electric saloon table wobbly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tripilot View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tripilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric saloon table wobbly
    Posted: 14 September 2017 at 09:37
We are having retractable legs made for both when the table is up and also when it's down.
Will post photos when it's finished if anyone would like to see.
Live life as if it were your last day ;-)
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 18:35
I have the same issue (my 575 is weeks old) and it was discovered that the support it sits on,  with the hydraulics in it,   was not sunk into the pan properly.   Only some of the screws were in solid glass and the others just hitting air.     Its planned to fix this in the next couple weeks..

Rick
Hanse 575 #161
S/V Black Diamond
Portsmouth, RI
Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Hanse 575 Build #192, Hull# 161
Newport, RI
Jode7 View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jode7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 11:27
If anybody wants the photos of our folding tables which work a treat, PM me your email address and I will send them to you. The files are to big to put up on the forum without resizing.
Regards
JOHN
Tripilot View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tripilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 15:33
Jode 7, is be very interested to see what you did. I had an engineer come onboard and he replaced the faulty electric leg saying that it'll need to be replaced again in 3 months unless a support is put in place. He showed me a draft of what he engineered but Hanse said that the table was loose due to the fact that we didn't use the support legs when the table was lowered....legs that WE designed, not Hanse. Hanse have said they won't honour any payment towards a support of the table that will stop the twist or looseness. Also, measure your electric table and you'll see the leg has been mounted offset from the table centre...52cm towards the bow...65cm towards the stern. No wonder it's not balanced!
Live life as if it were your last day ;-)
Jode7 View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jode7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 14:22
Originally posted by Mtf Mtf wrote:

I find our table is fine when it is lowered to the bottom, but when it is at full height it seems to twist noticeably.

I actually thought the table would be even better if it had hinged leaves and could be used as something closer to a coffee table as well.

We had table cut and hinged so it now folds to half size. We have small screw in legs to support the ends when lowered. This is the best thing we ever did. I am away at the moment, but I will post some photos when I get home. We also cut and hinged the cockpit tables.
marcopone View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcopone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 21:23
In my case I found that the base bolts were not tighten and some were missing.
I did some improvements, some bolts can be longered and a nut can be added to improve fastening and avoid losening.

Similar work to what I needed to implement to avoid bolts losening of the rudder axe black cover in the garage.
Mtf View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 20:01
Just to be clear when I say twists, I mean it feels like the table top rotates a little whilst remaining horizontal.
Mtf View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 19:58
I find our table is fine when it is lowered to the bottom, but when it is at full height it seems to twist noticeably.

I actually thought the table would be even better if it had hinged leaves and could be used as something closer to a coffee table as well.
Yeoman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 17:58
Hi,

We have found that the table certainly needs support when it is lowered and indeed the new models have legs that lower to support the table when in the lowered position.

Kind regards

Phil
Inspiration Marine Group LTD - UK Importer for Hanse Yachts. Helping owner’s to get the best from their boats.
Mtf View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 07:27
I have been thinking for a little while that ours seems wobbly too.  The wobble appears to mainly result from the table surface being able to twist when the table is at full height.  I would also be interested in any solutions anybody comes up with.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>