myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 311 / 312 / 315
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spinnaker for 312

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spinnaker for 312
    Posted: 14 May 2017 at 21:54
Good morning. What are your spinnaker measures?
And the spinnaker boom?
GunnarJ View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GunnarJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:16
Good morning.

SLE 11.54m
SMW 6.23m
Areal 59.7 sqm
Boom 3.45m

Perfect size for my use :-)

Ta'I Miti 2 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ta'I Miti 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 12:04
Hello

Asymetrical is much easier
Good between 60 and 170

No Wind at all on that day and first time I use it

Not only those who wander are lost

I've learn that the best way to learn about people is to sail with them
Speedy Nice View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 11:09
ASLU: 13,30 m
ASLE: 10,85 m
ASHW: 6,35 m
ASF: 7,50 m
ASPA: 65,95 m2

Edited by Speedy Nice - 08 September 2017 at 11:18
José Pires
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 13:08
The trouble with an asymetrical is that it cannot be carried dead down wind effectively without a pole. In which case one might as well have a spinnaker. The asymetric has to be carried at an angle to the wind & so the 31 series quickly get over powered by a 64 m2 sail.
If one has a spinnaker one can carry it dead down wind & thus at a greater wind strength.
In waters where there is not room to tack down wind an asymetric sail is less use compared to a spinnaker
However, an asymetric is easier to launch short handed & needs less running rigging.
Knowing what I know now I wish I had spent the money on a code zero which would have been of more use in the long run
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
Speedy Nice View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2017 at 14:48

Since I came from the spinnaker "school" I was also a little bit sceptic when I ordered the asymmetric for the 312. No reason for that at all.

With the asymmetric the 312 is able to sail fast between 60-130 degrees of apparent wind. 60 degrees and 10kn of apparent wind are amazing conditions for the 312. At 120 degrees is possible to support until 14-15kn.

Between 130-180 degrees, only when I have to reach a buoy dead downwind during a regatta, for example, It's just a matter of put the mainsail on side that give us priority and the asymmetric in the other side, both exposed at the downwind. You can sail like this until 13-14 kn of apparent wind. The only problem is dead down winds less than 4kn. Without a pole it doesn't work.

José Pires
Ta'I Miti 2 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ta'I Miti 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2018 at 12:13
Last sunday I sailed with full main and asymetric
Wind 12 - 14Kn and small gusts at 16 coming from 90°

No problem at all as long as your get the main hallyard ready

Never list more than 30°

Sometimes in gust the wheel was fully turned sb

But after a few sec M'Enfin was again on her rail

Speed 7.8kn

Just need to be very reactive

Not only those who wander are lost

I've learn that the best way to learn about people is to sail with them
 Post Reply Post Reply