myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bathing platform piston unit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torridonyachtcharter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bathing platform piston unit
    Posted: 23 May 2017 at 04:44
Has anyone had to replace a piston unit on the folding transom platform on a 385?  I am trying to source a replacement unit, other than contacting Hanseboatoon.com?  Unfortunately some of our guests left the platform down when on a mooring in a swell and the piston unit has departed into the deep.

Very many thanks.

Gordon
Bareboat yacht charter from Loch Torridon, Scotland, with Torridon Yacht Charter
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 05:40
Just had a look for you, but I can't read the label on mine anymore, perhaps someone with a new boat could write down the details from the label on the ram and post it for us?
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
torridonyachtcharter View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torridonyachtcharter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 06:29
Thanks, Mark & Catherine.
Bareboat yacht charter from Loch Torridon, Scotland, with Torridon Yacht Charter
AndyS View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 13:39
I will take a look this weekend - I know that my label still shows the info, but I don't have it with me. FYI about 3 weeks ago I put the platform down and realized that the top end of the piston was no longer threaded on - it made a loud boom! when being lowered. It was a three-man job to hold everything in place while I screwed the piston back in. Obviously these things work themselves loose. 
Andy
Moonraker
River Dunes, NC
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 20:06
Yes Andy, and we had to re do our thread after ours came off, probably because it was nearly off for a while.
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Carlosailfan View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 18:57
Hello Gordon, 

here are some pictures from the piston on my 385. Hope this will help Thumbs Up

Best regards
/C
torridonyachtcharter View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torridonyachtcharter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 06:10
Carlosailfan

Thank you very much indeed!

We would love to effectively market our yacht charter business to the Belgian market.  Are there any clubs or organisations that I should approach?

Kind regards

Gordon
Carlosailfan View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 11:51
Hi Gordon,

don't have much information on it but maybe you can contact Tom Robeyn from: www.offshore-navigation.be/
This guy is an instructor and works together with other companies who do yacht charter. Maybe you can become one of them.

good luck !

Best regards
/C
richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2017 at 14:54
Originally posted by Mark&Catherine Mark&Catherine wrote:

Yes Andy, and we had to re do our thread after ours came off, probably because it was nearly off for a while.

I had the same surprise on my H345.
Is it just a matter of threading in a new screw or did you fill the hole with some fiberglass beforehand?

Thanks and kind regard,

Richz

peterfrombangor View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterfrombangor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2017 at 08:09
Pistons - don't get me started.  I have two 385s, one with a charter fleet in Croatia, one here in Plymouth where I live, also on charter.

The piston on Miranda dropped off and into the mud at QAB last year and we couldn't find it - Plymouth has serious expensive restrictions on divers and my son didn't manage to reach far enough into the mud.  Hanse sells an expensive replacement - for something that can be bought much more cheaply off the shelf in the UK.

And in Šibenik the piston on Ariel has failed and an awkward pulley system is replacing it at present - not good news for a charter boat.   Thank you to Carolsailfan for the photo - I couldn't get a good one of the faded details on mine.

Peter
Peter

Ariel, 385 (2013), a charter yacht with NCP & Mare, Šibenik, Croatia.

And Miranda, 385 (2015), at QAB Marina Plymouth, on charter with Liberty Yachts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>