myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red light in compass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red light in compass
    Posted: 21 July 2017 at 11:18
Sounds like it was 2 separate problems then? 

Do you know which circuit feeds the GoFree? Did you check the panel fuse, as Fendant suggested? 

I can't really help with the GoFree as I've never fitted one. However, I did use a spare 12V lead that is provided for the cockpit fridge option (comes up the aft leg of the table, underneath the plotter) to power a 12V socket on the end of the table. I suppose your GoFree could be wired like that? Is it wired to only turn on when the plotter or instruments are on? That may help identify the circuit used.
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 14:25
Yep, red light back on. But go free still not working. I think I need to take the cover off the plotter housing.
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 15:18
Originally posted by Mark&Catherine Mark&Catherine wrote:

Will update when I can

Did you fix it eventually?
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 13:54
Not yet, still working on it, slowly as we are cruising and enjoying ourselves. Will update when I can
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 12:10
Hi Mark

Did you solve this one? I'm interested in case I ever get the same problem and there's a hidden fuse somewhere.

Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 05:16
We have the wurth. The go free was installed during build or by IM in the Hamble, I can't remember which, so it's always been there.
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 08:52
Mark,  if you have connected your gofree to the idle cable for a socket then there is a fuse on the Würth board for it. This does however not explain the missing compass light unless both have a common ground in the metal box. This might be the culprit.
Do you have the Calira or the Würth Panel ?
Frank
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 15:45
Hi Mark

The wiring diagram for my 415 (which I think is pretty much the same as the 385 wiring) shows the compass light being fed from the Nav lights circuit. Therefore, if the Nav/Anchor lights switch is in the Anchor position none of the nav light circuits will be live, including the compass light. 

Could that be the answer?
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 15:03
My compass red light no longer works, nor dies my go free wifi. Does anyone know if there is a fuse in the stainless plotter housing before I get my tools out? Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply