myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bathroom Tap Leaking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 09:48
Hi John, The three pipes are as follows:  red with large connection is connected to the hot supply, blue with large connection is connected to the cold supply. These then feed into the 'mixer' part of the tap fitting and the output (when tap is turned on) is through smaller connection to the shower hose which leads to the shower head. Hope this helps. I opted to replace with a mixer tap without the shower attachment. Tim.

T.
Old Racer View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 16:31
Thanks for this it is as I suspected.

I had the thought of replacing with just a mixer tap but have solved the problem which I will post in a separate post as people always like a solution

Hanse 320 Olicana Inverkip Scotland
Jbazwin View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbazwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2019 at 20:27
Hi All, does anyone know how to get to the back of the mixer? Or pull the mixer off the wall? Our mixer part is leaking very badly, suspect an oring, but not sure how to remove or get to it.. we are on a H455, any help much appreciated,
Alesea View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alesea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 11:14
Hi Jbazwin - have a look at this post. Solved our leak, so hopefully will help you too. For us it was the black plastic fixing nut holding the cartridge in place which leaked.

http://myhanse.com/leaking-tap-solution_topic10301_post91047.html?KW=Mixer#91047
Alesea Hanse 505 NZL9464
Jbazwin View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbazwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 01:58
Fantastic, thankyou for this, will give it a go. much appreciated!
Old Racer View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2019 at 15:06

Here is the solution that fixed it for us. The cartridge is housed in the part of the tap that turns the water on and off.

Just thought I would post the solution to our leaking tap as everyone loves a solution.#

First of all Google and You Tube are the font of all knowledge.

Typing in leaking mixer tap into either will bring forth a multitude of ideas and solutions.

The most popular one was that these mixer taps have a ceramic cartridge inside which appears to be the common cause of the problem.

In order to change it you need a cheap tool called a Strap Wrench which helps grip the chrome and release it without marking.

The cartridge (make sure you get the right size) has two holes for a normal mixer tap and three for one with a shower head. The size I needed was 35mm. You can buy these from a Plumbers Store, The internet or some marine suppliers. I got mine form Homebase for £8. I have seen prices from £5 to £45 for the same part. Same with taps £145 from a marine supplier £45 from a Plumbers Merchant. 

Replacing the cartridge has cured the leak.

Another thought on the internet was to strip the existing cartridge and clean it as debris builds up over time.

The best news is that while looking at a possible cost of £2-300 the actual cost including the tool was less than £20 and for a Scotsman that is a good deal

All taps are different but this video shows the basics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jToGavSUOgE
Hanse 320 Olicana Inverkip Scotland
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12