myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setup for a 107% jib

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JesperB View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JesperB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setup for a 107% jib
    Posted: 06 June 2017 at 08:46
Thanks a lot!
I have done some initial trials with barber hauls and it works fine at closehauled, but at open angles the sheets needs to pass the shrouds. I probably need to install tracks as proposed.
Jesper
paul_heinz View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul_heinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 17:43
The attached picture shows how the setup is mounted on the coachroof.
The dyneema string is going to an 8xpurchase below the cover.
The adjustment can easy done by hand even the load is very heavy.
Itīs made of lewmar size2 ball bearing parts.
 uploads/3724/Jib_108_Coachroof.pdf
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 17:07
I have to agree with P-B. I initially tried baberhauls with a 108% on my 400e. What a nightmare, it never did work properly and the loads were crazy due to the angles of the various lines. Then I discovered the embedded aluminum backing plates in the coach roof. The difference was amazing. It's so much easier to adjust, works perfectly. 
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
JesperB View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JesperB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 12:42
My sailmaker recommended me to use barberhauls instead of an extra track to be able to fine tune the angle.
Jesper
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 09:17
Why dont you install additional tracks on the coach roof?
The 400 is prepared for that with additional aluminiumplates already installed by the yard!
Blake 370
JesperB View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JesperB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 23:09
Dear Hanse 400 owners. I have just take delivery of a new max jib (around 107%) to replace my old tiered selftacker. I have cars for a big genua but needs to arrange barberhauls to be able to sheet it with a closer angle. Have any one out there done this? It would be great with some descriptions/pictures of your arrangements. Especially where to mount them, routing of control lines, purchase or on a winch/jammers etc.
I have the 2006 400e.

Edited by JesperB - 02 June 2017 at 23:10
Jesper
 Post Reply Post Reply