myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Halyard Clutch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samtutuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 21:02
I have installed Ronstan Constructors for the main and jib halyards. No slipping and luff tension easy to adjust.
catarch View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2017 at 21:56
I did replace the cam for the man halyard with a ceramic 6-10 MM version. It works great in holding the line but I sometimes have ti lift up the cam to get the halyard to drop all the way.
It was not an easy job as I had to remove the outer plate and the two outboard cam bases.
Works well on holding the main now. I had already tried a core bulk but that did not help.
Tom Catalano
415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 02:19
Hi, we have a small piece of thin rope tied in a figure of eight that we slip over the cam and the handle to hold the cam out of the way when dropping or reefing the main, little bit more fiddly to use but works well when you have got it the right length.
Paul
Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
Bob53 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 17:18
Hello, can you tell me where i can find the link on you tube ?
Bob,

Hanse 415 Sea for Miles
To be build sept/dec 2015
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 18:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyLfoOHe-4

Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12