myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying a new 415

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2017 at 20:58
Hello Seebär,

congrats, you have decided to go for a real quality boat!  I would recomment to pay a visit to the yard in Greifswald during the build phase and take pictures of 415's in different stages of the assembly process.
The option list is definitely a difficult decision. It depends where you sail and how you are going to use the boat.

My strategy was to include all options which are difficult to retrofit. So I went for nav package ( full monty with autopilot ) , electric winches, Eberspächer diesel heater, cruising pack, comfort pack, inverter for Nespresso machine, better matresses and upgraded sails. In your case I would also add the bow truster. Go for a stainless chain and anchor!

As canvas work ex yard is(was) of crappy quality I would add lazy bags, sprayhood and evtl bimini from a local supplier who is using Sunbrella fabric or similar. Same thing for a code 0 or a furling gennaker, get it locally.

Have fun !

Edited by Fendant - 27 August 2017 at 21:00
Frank
Seebär View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seebär Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 17:26
Hi guys,

today my dealer called me and told to me that they will go to Greifswald next week to check some new boats. ....also mine Smile.

It seems to be ready and I am getting more and more excited. The delivery is planned for march.

A beautiful season for all

greetings

Seebär
Koppiekrou View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 10:05
Hi Seebar, just have seen some pictures of the 415. Whow what a beauty! And the good news is it is almost end of april. I have one question, you will be sailing on the IJsselmeer so which draft you ordered? 2.1 meter or 1.72 meter?

Frank
Seebär View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seebär Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 11:40
Hi Frank,

it is 1,72 Wink
Seebär View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seebär Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 17:10

so time is running. Last thirsday I saw my knew boat on the cradle in Greiswald for the first time Thumbs Up. This week she goes into water and next weekend we will drive to greifswald again to put some things on her and make some measurements for additional  equiment.

@fendant / Frank: The canvas work '(Sprayhood, Bimini, etc.) will be done in the netherlands near our homeport so for the maiden trip she will be "naked" Unhappy

greetings

Seebär

Bloody Mary 415#321 (former 341#167)

Manyata View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manyata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 17:20
Good luck with the maiden voyage Seebar !! Enjoy !
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 18:03
Hi Seebär,

wish you fair winds for your maiden voyage to NED. Are you taking the "indoor" or the outdoor route?
Take some warm clothes any way, this winte weather is no longer predicatable. I just shoveled 20 cm of "Niederschlag" away to get to my Garage :)

Best wishes

Frank
Seebär View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seebär Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 13:47
@fendant

well the plan is throu the Kiel channel and than above the islands up to vlieland and from there into the ijsselmeer. ......Okay ...that's the plan.....we will see what the weather says to this plan Tongue

Edited by Seebär - 21 March 2018 at 13:48
Seebär

Bloody Mary 415#321 (former 341#167)

Mike2145 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 16:23
Hi High Time.

I am considering a 415 with in mast furling and was interested in your experience of this. I have used in mast and did not really have any problems but this was a charter boat so it was rather a limited exposure.

Were the problems you encountered specific to the Hanse installation or was it just the basic concept of in mast that caused the problems.   

Originally posted by High Time High Time wrote:

It depends if you enjoy fitting stuff yourself (and saving a bit of money) or want a 'fully loaded' boat straight from the dealer.

When I bought High Time in 2012 I decided that I could fit most of the interior extras myself (VHF, sound system, TV, heating, AIS, wifi, laptop etc.) but I would pay for the yard/dealer to fit items to the mast (radar, VHF and TV antennas) and underwater (bow thruster, folding prop). 

Most of the above I would consider essential (in northern Europe). It's your choice, of course, whether to fit any yourself.

Interior layout, materials and colours are personal choice. We chose 3 cabins, cherry wood, brown cloth upholstery and teak/holly (look-alike) floor. It all looks good together and the brown upholstery is very practical i.e. doesn't show marks at all.

One major item I would counsel against is in-mast furling main. I wanted this for ease and convenience (now that I'm past 70) and it is great to roll away and forget. However, it is a constant source of annoyance when in use - it's doesn't set well, especially reefed, and occasionally jams.

Choosing the extras is probably the most difficult and exciting part of buying a new boat but the cost can quickly mount up at dealer prices. Choose carefully.

Good luck.

Cant take a joke, don't buy a boat.
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2018 at 14:25
Hi Mike
The problems I had with in-mast furling were caused by the Z Spars rig with a North Sails main with 5 vertical battens. The Z Spars mast is not recommended for battened sails and the final solution to my problems was to remove some of the battens. This unfortunately results in a pronounced hook in the leach or a flap if you don't tighten the leach line which reduces performance. It also doesn't set very well when reefed.
Sure, in-mast is great for convenience and tidyness but a fully (horizontal) battened main with slab reefing is actually a better design solution for a sailing boat.
You should discuss with your dealer what sail and rig you would get now with in-mast - Selden rig and Elvestrom sail might be a good combination.
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12