myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying a new 415

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seebär Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying a new 415
    Posted: 22 August 2017 at 14:01
Hi guys,

we are thinking about buying a new 415. Are there any must haves or don'ts (unnecessary stuff) from the additional equipmentlist?

What are your experiences?

Greetings Seebär
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 15:30
It depends if you enjoy fitting stuff yourself (and saving a bit of money) or want a 'fully loaded' boat straight from the dealer.

When I bought High Time in 2012 I decided that I could fit most of the interior extras myself (VHF, sound system, TV, heating, AIS, wifi, laptop etc.) but I would pay for the yard/dealer to fit items to the mast (radar, VHF and TV antennas) and underwater (bow thruster, folding prop). 

Most of the above I would consider essential (in northern Europe). It's your choice, of course, whether to fit any yourself.

Interior layout, materials and colours are personal choice. We chose 3 cabins, cherry wood, brown cloth upholstery and teak/holly (look-alike) floor. It all looks good together and the brown upholstery is very practical i.e. doesn't show marks at all.

One major item I would counsel against is in-mast furling main. I wanted this for ease and convenience (now that I'm past 70) and it is great to roll away and forget. However, it is a constant source of annoyance when in use - it's doesn't set well, especially reefed, and occasionally jams.

Choosing the extras is probably the most difficult and exciting part of buying a new boat but the cost can quickly mount up at dealer prices. Choose carefully.

Good luck.

Edited by High Time - 22 August 2017 at 16:04
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Seebär View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seebär Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 17:00
Roger,

thanks for your information. AIS, Radio and so on I will also fit myself as I did on my current hanse.I hope I can contact you with, i'm sure, a lot of questons when the boat would be mine.

You said "essentials"....that s what I ment. To take all gimmicks from the additional equipmentlist is imho nonsense.

What s about the owners cabin? Is anyone there who fitted the bed so that one can sleep the other way round?

greetings Detlef
415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 03:24
Hi, from looking at the Hanse website, the 415 has been replaced by the 418 essentially the same boat and it comes with an option for an 'ïsland' bed in owners cabin.
When we bought Night Train we had a good idea of the extras we wanted, including air con and electric winches as we usually sail shorthanded. We have a traditional main that drops into the lazy bag and find that it works well, especially with the electric winches. The one thing we regretted was the number of instrument displays we got, having only one at each helm station, when the autopilot is activated, the display changes to autopilot mode, ok you can isolate this to the individual unit but you have to scroll through the functions to get back to the useful information. We have subsequently added one additional display which is very useful.
Good luck and enjoy the process!
Paul
Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
Seebär View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seebär Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 07:49
Hi,
I saw pictures from the 418 out of the dealers information paper. There are differences to the 415 which I don't like. E.g. some deck hatches will be build in genuine glass. But at the moment you can still order a 415.
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 08:12
Hi Seebär,

I have a 345 with the plastic windows and hatches. We are now in the 4th season and I had to start polishing the outsides as they were becoming dull. Wish I could change to glass.

I have ordered the whole nav package ( with out the AIS, but including the VHF ). You can easily fit te AIS later, everything is prepared inclduing the antenna splitter. Same thing for the fusion radio.

I am missing a deckslight and I have not found an easy way to route the addtional cable to the mast foot.
Hanse's are not really designed and built for electrics extensions afterwards.Angry

Frank
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2017 at 08:36
Originally posted by Fendant Fendant wrote:

Hanse's are not really designed and built for electrics extensions afterwards.Angry

There are conduits provided, some even have drawstrings included but routing cables does require patience and care. It is often not clear where the conduit ends. There was some pre-wiring included on High Time - for instance all the cabling for the Fusion radio, including speaker leads to the cockpit was pre-installed. I think they may have stopped this on later boats, though.
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Seebär View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seebär Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2017 at 11:18
Okay......the order is done.

To get the early bird I have just ordered my new 415. SmileSmileBig smile

Edited by Seebär - 25 August 2017 at 11:19
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2017 at 12:13
Congratulations - must be time for a drink! Thumbs Up

What options did you go for and when do you expect delivery?
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Seebär View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seebär Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2017 at 12:50
Thanks,

the early order was only to get the early bird packages. I think delivery will be in March 2018 or so.

The equiment details are still in discussion. It depends a litle bit on what I get for my current boat Wink.

Edited by Seebär - 25 August 2017 at 12:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>