myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 575/588
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sprayhood/Bemini

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elgaard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sprayhood/Bemini
    Posted: 08 September 2017 at 20:56
Hey Fellas.

Im looking to replace my current sprayhood and Bemini, they just have an odd fit and do not overlap eachother.

What do you guys have? Throw up some pictures of your setup, i dont really want a full cockpit tent, i just want to stay fairly dry when it pours.

BR
Elgaard

Hanse 575 Hull 108

Cruising : Currently in the Med
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 02:16

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Hanse 575 Build #192, Hull# 161
Newport, RI
Elgaard View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elgaard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 16:47
Rick.

Good looking boat, thank you for sharing pictures, how is the Bimini and sprayhood connected, overlapping or do you have a zipper solution like for a cockpit tent ? 

Elgaard
Hanse 575 Hull 108

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 19:37
There is a zipper between the two...   The dodger and bimini are at the same height.   We really love the bimini in terms of creating both a shady space as well as protection from rain and spray.   The dodger is huge, but sized well for the boat.  It really gives you great visibility and good protection

One other consideration is that I sized the bimini to hold solar panels with good support.  I can get 4 or more solbian panels 150watt each on the bimini and use them to recharge the batteries while on extended trips.   The bimini would have pockets for the flexible panels.

Rick

* I spent a lot of time looking at pictures on the internet of other boats...   you should do the same before you decide.
Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Newport, RI
Elgaard View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elgaard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 20:29
Rick, id love some closeups of the two connecting if you have any?, love the sprayhood,visibility and size, looks like it goes back almost to the winches, im 6´3 so need both as high as possible, as close to the boom as possible.

Havent decided on the solar panels yet, but its on the list, thought of placing them infront of the sprayhood

Researching like a madman (-: 

Br
Elgaard
Hanse 575 Hull 108

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 21:41
The solar panels come with a decision on a proper battery and electrical system monitoring capability.  What comes with the boat is pretty basic.   I'd be interested in what others have done here.

Rick

* I'll see if I have pictures of the connection.  
Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Newport, RI
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 22:14
Best shot I have, sorry.    This one shows the zipper connection to the back of the dodger and to the front of the bimini.   The struts need to be adjusted in this shot, to take out the sag in the connector.  Since been done, but that's why it looks that way...

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Newport, RI
Elgaard View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elgaard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 22:59
Looks good Rick, much appreciated thank you.
Hanse 575 Hull 108

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 11:47

One more..   FWIW

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Newport, RI
Elgaard View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elgaard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 13:19
Is that a zipper or velcro solution for the last bit beyond (around) the backstays ?
Hanse 575 Hull 108

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>