myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 311 / 312 / 315
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Hanse 315 improvement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caspar B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 10:20
Originally posted by samuel samuel wrote:

If you have a 2:1 halyard solution first check that you have room between top of the sail & the mast head for the block plus shackle etc when under full load & that the halyard will feed into the masthead sheave correctly when at the top & not cause it to jump the pulley & jam in the side so you cannot get the sail down. The block may have a tendency to push the halyard out of alignment slightly when right at the top under load

Very valid point. I took a picture trough my binoculars of the masthead crane. I've been hauled up there once, but I want to plan what I'm going to need to do before I do it again. There are some bars crossing the two halves of the masthead crane, but I highly doubt they are built strongly enough to be an attachment point for the halyard bitter end. Therefore I plan on drilling a hole and mount a stainless rigging bolt in a suitable location.

I intend to let the halyard pass trough a low friction ring eliminating/reducing the risk of the halyard jamming. One example:

2016 Hanse 315
Caspar B View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caspar B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2017 at 10:27
On another note: I inspected the mast base blocks and found this:

This is the main halyard block, and as you can see the shackle is heavily deformed (not visible in this picture is also the formation of a crack). It has been replaced with a plain bearing block one size larger.

Attached is also a picture a block that has been moved from the gooseneck to the mast centreline using a dyneema loop. I'm pretty pleased by the reduction of friction. The angle the sheet enters the mast slot has been reduced to almost nothing. The german mainsheet system has since been replaced by a 6:1 block and tackle leaving the boom "block free".

Edited by Caspar B - 08 October 2017 at 10:42
2016 Hanse 315
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12