myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starboard light cable connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schjoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starboard light cable connection
    Posted: 19 October 2017 at 10:57
Unfortunately, I had a rope up front pull the cable 20 cm out of the pulpit. The cable is damaged and my green light does not work. I have checked how to get access to the cable from the front cabin, but unfortunately with no luck. Do any of you have an idea on what to do?
roy View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 05:28
i have the same problem a solution please  thank you

Peter Russell View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 15:30
I think it has been discussed on the 370 page.  I put 2 inspection hatches into the sides of my anchor locker and joined the cable well below where it was damaged.  Make sure you use tinned cable.  Also I found it impossible to get the cable back up the inside of the pulpit so put 2 new glands on the deck.
Peter Russell

Hanse 370 hull 499 "Outnumbered"

http://outnumbered.the-russells.net
Remmen View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 11:24
In the 350 there is an inspection hatch in the front cabine. This hatch gives access to the cables of the lights ans windlass. Just use a small mirrow and light to find the cables.
Old Racer View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 16:15
We had a similar problem in that one of our lights needed replacing. I took a very simple approach and cut the wire very close to the old light to give me spare.

I cut the wires in such a way that the joins were at different places on the individual wires. Place a shrink cover for slipping over the join after wrapping and soldering. I then placed a cover of self amalgamating tape over the whole lot for extra waterproofing. The result was not much bigger than the original and it slipped back into the hole in the stanchion with no worries. 
Hanse 320 Olicana Inverkip Scotland
 Post Reply Post Reply