myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Railing feet bolts for stanchions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Railing feet bolts for stanchions
    Posted: 11 November 2017 at 15:54
Hi All,

I have to replace one of the railing feet bolt where the stanchions are fitted.
On the Hanse Boatoon website I can find different versions of it, even when I select Hanse 345 as the boat of choice.
Is anyone out there who can help me before calling my dealer (or Boatoon)?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Richz

SausalitoDave View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SausalitoDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 00:45
I can't speak directly to your boat; however, when I needed to replace one of mine, the "new" type differed from the ones originally installed.  Specifically, the existing ones had threaded holes.  The stanchion had to be lined up with this hole in order to install the bolt that secured the stanchion to the foot.  One the "new" ones, the stanchion foot/base had a machined slot about 2 inches down from the top.  I had to move the hole in the stanchion and weld a nut to it.  The new boat threaded through that bolt and held into the "slot".  It is a better design, as you don't have to line up the stanchion and the foot; however, it was a PITA.

Dave
Festina Lente
Sausalito, CA
Hanse 505

Edited by SausalitoDave - 12 November 2017 at 00:46
richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 08:15
Hi Dave,

Thank you for you reply.
In the boatoon shop I can still find the old version, my problem is that there are at least two different sizes (plus a third one with no description); see below the pictures:

If anyone can help...

S/V Rocinante View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S/V Rocinante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 13:04
I might be stating the obvious, but just in case it helps, as you mentioned, it looks like you have 3 different options based on the image you uploaded.  
It also seems that the easiest way to determine which one you need is to measure the distance up to the hole. The options seem to be 32, 24 & 33 mm?

regards,

Edited by S/V Rocinante - 12 November 2017 at 13:06
Carlos & Maria
S/V Rocinante - 2007 Hanse 400e #127
richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 16:47
I guess I forgot to mention that I am at about 300 km from the boat (and the stanchions...) Embarrassed

richz View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 22:12
I had the opportunity to measure the distance of the hole from the the top: it’s 24 mm
In case someone is looking for the same thing...and someone is far from her beauty

Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 06:56
1000e Grazie Rich

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply