myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water under the anchor box

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonlon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water under the anchor box
    Posted: 27 November 2017 at 10:52
Sorry but I speak with a translator.
I have water under the anchor box.
Will anyone be able to say where it comes from and if so, tell me what to do?
My problem is that there is water or it should not have but also that it humidifies my bunk before "moss".

lonlon
Lonlon
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 17:22
I have a Hanse 400e fr.o.m. 2006. On this model the anchor looker is an integral part of the deck and you should not find water in the area below. If you have there is obviously a leak. On mine there was and I had 2 inspection hatches in the front. I replaced them for other reasons and as a side effect it's now dry. It could also be the anchor roller not being sealed or the pulpit. The front nuts for the pulpit is accessible thru the inspection hatch (if you don't have one it's easy to fit, there is a picture in an recent thread about windlass). It it's the aft one it might more complicated.
Jesper
Hanse 400e
Lonlon View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonlon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 21:48
Ours is from 2006 too.
It is not epoxy.
The former owner has put two hatches of visits which is at the bottom of the front cabin.
One located above the mattress and one above.
This weekend, I would empty the water and then I would water the bridge with great water.
If I do not see any water below the anchor box, I would water the hatch hood open.
If I do not have water, I would not know where it could come from
Thank you for the ideas, it's nice. I would look at what you are telling me

lonlon
Lonlon
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 21:53
In the 10 years I've had my 400e, I've had a similar leak to that you describe just once. I concluded that it was a result of my spraying water into the anchor lock while doing some cleaning - the inspection hatches are not waterproof so water can "leak" into the rest of the boat that way if you spray in the "right location".
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
Lonlon View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonlon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 22:02
Thank you rubato for the information.
When are you talking about hatch, these one like this?
https://www.svb-marine.fr/fr/trappes-de-visite__.html
https://www.svb-marine.fr/fr/trappes-de-visite.html
Lonlon
landlocked View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote landlocked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 23:29
Mine leaked last winter (2006 Hanse 400e).  I was not there to see it but apparently the drain hose froze or was otherwise plugged and the locker filled with rain or snow melt, and leaked at the drain hose connection into the boat.  Other than that I have not had any leakage issues but the drain hose is quite small and easily plugged and apparently was not well sealed at the anchor locker bottom.
"Kerkyra" 400e #042
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 17:05
Originally posted by Lonlon Lonlon wrote:

Thank you rubato for the information.
When are you talking about hatch, these one like this?
https://www.svb-marine.fr/fr/trappes-de-visite__.html
https://www.svb-marine.fr/fr/trappes-de-visite.html

Thumbs Up
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
Peter Russell View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 20:57
I think this is a fairly common problem on 370/400 of that era.  Certainly I've had it on my 370. 

I believe the water comes in through either the drain hole in the locker being blocked and thus leaking (push fit hose??).  I also believe it can come in through the stanchion bases if the seal is broken.

I guess that this front bulkhead forms a crush zone in the event of a collision as the water in there certainly does not drain back into the bilge
Peter Russell

Hanse 370 hull 499 "Outnumbered"

http://outnumbered.the-russells.net
Lonlon View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonlon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2017 at 10:03

Thank you for your feedback. With the remarks of everyone, it will allow me this weekend to look dou is what it can come. Peter Russell, I do not understand "the translation is not correct" of this sentence: I also believe it can come back to the stanchion if the seal is broken. Could you please formulate it in another way? lonlon
Lonlon
Peter Russell View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 18:37
Sorry I've been away for a few days.  This picture at this link may help.
https://d385tlrw8quush.cloudfront.net/1024/768/242101_6e72796ed662c4e98b66e3f7c4400d34.jpg
Peter Russell

Hanse 370 hull 499 "Outnumbered"

http://outnumbered.the-russells.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>