myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading from NSS 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 14:42
The red (positive/plus) and black (negative/minus) leads are  for 12V power and just need to be connected to a switched 12V supply, with a suitable fuse included (5A or less).

The yellow lead also needs to be connected to 12V+ for the GoFree to be turned on. This can either be doubled up with the red lead so the GoFree turns on when it's switched supply is turned on, or to the chartplotter yellow lead so it turns on when the chartplotter is turned on (see the WiFi Installation Guide here, if you haven't already got it).

Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Scotchmist View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchmist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 15:04
Thanks Roger

Thats a good start. I'd like to switch it with the same instruments switch as the chartplotter but interestingly, the chartplotter yellow (and blue) power cable wires are neatly cut off, so only the black and red cables are connected and they are in the back of the switch panel. I was wondering if anyone has connected directly into the back of the new Hanse switch panels, and if so where? PS it seems that all the instruments are connected into the back of the switch panel, but separately, though they're all switched on / off by the same switch on the panel. 
Andrew

Scotch Mischief Dehler 38 by Hanse
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 16:02
The instruments are powered from the Simnet which has a separate power feed and switch on the switch panel (at least it does on High Time). This means that each instrument doesn't need any additional wires, just the Simnet connection.

Not sure I understand the problem regarding the 'back of the switch panel' and separate connections to the instruments. Can you expand a bit and/or include a photo.

Edited by High Time - 27 February 2018 at 16:03
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 18:07
Andrew,
you need to connect the black cable to - and the red and yellow to plus.  I have inserted a simple toggle switch into the yellow cable, to allow a reset of the wireless network without disturbing the simnet system.

Then you need to connect the gofree module with the plotter via an Ethernet cable. This has bulky plugs at the end. I opted therefore to install the gofree into the same stainless plotter box, where I found an unused 12 V cable connection ( probably foreseen for a 12 V plug or a fridge in the cockpit ).

If you can not install the gofree near the plotter with a standard computer cable you have to route a non plugged data cable and have an IT guy crimp the plug later later on.
Frank
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchmist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 12:27
Thanks Roger and Frank. as a matter of interest my chart plotter is at the nav station in the saloon. The switch panel is by Wurth Electroniks. Unfortunately though I thought I took some photos, I cant find them. Since the chart plotter power supply is connected to the back of that panel, I assumed I could connect into the same switched bus but looking at diagrams I cant work out whether any of the spare socket are on the same bus. 
Andrew

Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 20:17
Hi Andrew, did you get my PM ?
Frank
seileren1 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seileren1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 13:25
A quick update on thr NSS GoFree issue. The updated app «link» worked well on my system
Cheers
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchmist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 13:46
Just in case of interest. I connected into the back of the Wurth switch panel with a blue and grey plug into a spare 'way', which is controlled by the instrument switch. Now the Go free device comes on with all the other nav instruments from the same switch.
Andrew

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234