myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shower box project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower box project
    Posted: 30 December 2017 at 16:46
The pump is nosy, yes. But it works without need of maintanance.

Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
iemand View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iemand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 15:25
Interesting project since all of us have issues with the shower:

1) I took out the plexi glas door because it is taking a lot of space. Also for my kids it is nice to stand on the shower seat....
2) The drain pumps are different on our boats. Some are lucky with proper pumps some are not. Generally speaking the filter is mainly the problem.
3) A preasure tank helps a lot!

My ideas to improve:

1) a big engine fresh water filter with a custom made fine filter material to get a bigger filter area
2) A complete foam bed for the pumps to reduce the noise.
3) on the floor a 2cm high seperation for the water to prevent the water going in the wrong direction which happens very often
4) A shower curtain with lead rope on the bottom
5) The locker above the sink can be moved some 10cm further to the hull which makes washing your face much easier
6) The ceiling takes a lot of standing hight.
7) The wet room needs an electric ventilation succing the air out.
8) The sink could be bigger and further to the front edge.
9) The countertop would be nice to have it in the same material than the kitchen

So many things on my personal whish list!

BR Thomas.

Hanse 312 MJ 2004 - Hanse 370e MJ 2007
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 13:50
You could/should keep the current door.

For test you could cut a cardboard model.
Based on the model you could then cut a Nylon or POM piece of plate.
This could then be glued to the floor with Sikaflex or Tec7 Mastic.

The door must be able to open both ways. So the plate should stop before it reaches the bottom of the door.
But to prevent the water that hits the door from running down the plate/separation on the toilet side, it may need to be placed asymmetrically and offset in relation to the door.
So you may have to make a test bath before it is glued to the floor?

The separation should also have a good thickness and be rounded at the top so it does not hurt to touch with bare feet.

A white POM plate 5 cm thick, 20 cm height, length 50 cm is about 75 euro.
POM is a bit like wood, to work with.
I you design a template please share it.

What drain-pump do you currently have?

Ps. it's 2 degrees Celsius so all boat projects are put on hold here.
But a boat equipment dealer/chandler has 25% off until New Year - so I just bought the Jabsco drain-pump...Party

/H8jer

Edited by H8jer - 30 December 2017 at 14:03
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
jarod159 View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarod159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 13:18
Thanks a lot man...
i'm going to draw in 3d the bathroom of our 370 to study the besto solution to create the shower box.

Stay tuned.
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 09:35
Hi 

I would think some upgrades could be done, but a new Shower Box might be going too far?

As You might know I bought a Hanse 370 in November and in that process I saw some other 370's and their solutions.
One 370 had added a piece of Plexi-glass looking like the Shower Door. The piece separated the floor between the Shower area and the toilet area. Sorry no picture, so the details are a bit blurry.

After looking at the Pump you are looking at:
And the pump used by Sea-U.
My question is - why do you want to replace? (I have not yet tried the shower, but already tired from the pump noise.)
My 370 got 2 Jabsco Par-Max 2.9 pumps. One for fresh water and one for Shower drain. Compared to my old boat they are very noisy.

Therefore I want to install a pressure-tank to the freshwater to reduce the running of the pump.

Because of this thread, I know realize that Hanse used a fresh water pump for the shower drain. A Par-Max 2.9 pumps up to 11 Liters pr. min. 
The Pump used by Sea-u looks like the sink/drain model 50880-1000 from Jabsco that is up to 16 L/min.
Jabsco also has a Waste model 50890-1000 that is up to 19L pr. Min like the Whales pump.

Sea-U - is your pump noisy?

To-do list now got added:
New Drain pump 50880-1000
DIY Plexi-glass "Shower Box" upgrade
LOL
/H8jer 

Edited by H8jer - 30 December 2017 at 09:47
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2017 at 19:45
I changed my pump some years ago. It has worked well with no problem yet. My wife shower every day.

Edited by Sea-U - 29 December 2017 at 19:46
Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
jarod159 View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarod159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 23:24
Actually, access  to the bottom of the shower cabin is IMHO not possible; i'm planning to reworking the shower floor. Any ideas???

Thanks
jarod159 View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarod159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2017 at 22:25
Dear all,
finally i've the opportunity to live two years aboard my hanse in a beautiful marina in the south of italy... so - in this period - i'm adding a lot of facilities to a more comfortable life. I've added solar panels, strip led, webasto and tv.

now i'm planning to "re-styling" the bathroom to make it more usefull specially for the shower.
my local dealer suggested to buy this one:

https://www.whalepumps.com/marine/product.aspx?Category_ID=10021&Product_ID=10039&FriendlyID=Gulley-IC

Someone have more informations about???
I'm looking for the fresh water scheme/plan (similar to the electric scheme found on wesailhanse) because i wanna change the entire shower box. my target is to create a separate shower box with the whale automatic pump. I wanna cut off the unuseful (in my opinion)  glass and create a plexiglass box so... never water everywhere after a shower...

Stay tuned.

Thanks a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply