myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unstepping the mast: a question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unstepping the mast: a question
    Posted: 29 January 2018 at 12:58
Hi everybody!

I will unstep the mast of my hanse 400e of 2007 in a couple of weeks... it will be the first time in 10 years and I frankly have no ideas of the electrical connections under the mast. In particular I wonder and ask you all, where does the Is12 wind transducer Simnet cable end? Does it go all the way to the Is12 wind instrument in the cockpit? Or does it end in the cabin with a plug to Simnet???
Thanks for helping Disapprove!!!!!
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 14:07
Stria,

We don't have a 400 but on our boat the wind transducer ends just forward of the mast under the floor in the fwd cabin where it plugs into the network. I would think yours would be similar.  
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 14:26
Hi on our 415 there are small removable ceiling panels front and back of the internal mast support, unscrew these and the connectors are in there.
Good luck
Paul
Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
arie View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 14:41
On my 370 2007 the mast connectors all are in top section of the port cupboard of the front cabin , behind a small wooden panel that needs unscrewing . I think your 400 must be very similar .
Free Stile . Hanse 370 #452. Sailing Aegean Sea from Leros, Greece
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 16:39
You have to remove the interior plate in the cieling around the mast foot. There you will find the connections to all the cables in your mast. 4-6 screws as I remember. Someplace in this forum there is a picture where you can see the assembly under the cieling.
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 16:54
I just did the searching for you:
Hanse 371 Topic: "Mast removal" from 11/5-2016 ......search the topic and mark "any date". More pictures and advice in the topic.

Edited by Captain Cook - 29 January 2018 at 16:55
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 17:54
Just an advice to make the reconnection easier. Before disconnecting use adhesive labels and number all cables both ends from 1 to .....
Then you have it easy to reconnect the right ones. Be aware that the colors of the cables from the mast do NOT match the colors of the cables from the switchboard, some might , some might not.
Frank
Stria View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 20:35
Hi guys!

Thanks everybody for the help... and thks to captain Cook for the archive search.
Great forum.

Fair winds from Italy
J
Heikki View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 21:11
Hi,

I have to unstep my mast also for road transport, thanks for all hints! Does anyone know the max. height of Hanse 400e (2006) mast unstepped from keel to the highest point (top of halyard winch or bow pulpit)? The transport company wants to know this to avoid tunnels and bridges with low clearance.

Regards,
Heikki
Melanie
Hanse 400e #121
Bruno View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 21:16
Heikki,

If you boat is out of the water, I would recommend you to have it measured by the transport company since it will be their responsibility. They will determine what is the highest point of the hull and see if the balcony, wheel(s) or winches must be removed. They could decide to carry it with the bow slightly lower and leave the balcony in place.

Bonne chance!

Bruno
Bruno

Hanse 400, 2010 Hull 660, Canadian flag sailing Lake Champlain, VT USA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>