myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unstepping the mast: a question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 21:39
Bruno,

Sure, it is best to let the transport company do the final measurement. My problem is that they want to know the max height before giving an offer and are not willing to come to Italy (where my boat is now on dry) from Germany to do the measurement. So, I should have the best estimate of the height when asking the offer. I measured from the drawing that it is around 2,20 - 2,30 m. The motorway bridges have a clearance of 2,50 m as far as I know, so the height of Hanse 400 should not be a problem.

Regards,
Heikki
Melanie
Hanse 400e #121
Bruno View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 21:56
Heikki,

I am confused by your measurement or the bridges are very low in your area. Add your draft + freeboard and at least 70-80 cm for the roof and it should give them a good idea.

Bruno
Bruno

Hanse 400, 2010 Hull 660, Canadian flag sailing Lake Champlain, VT USA
Heikki View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 22:14
Sorry Bruno,

I ment to say the max height is around 4,20 - 4,30 m and the bridge clearance 4,50 m. It is late evening in Europe, so mistakes may occure:-)

Regards,
Heikki
Melanie
Hanse 400e #121
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 11:39
The maximum height is 4,20 meter, I have sent a PM with a drawing. If you want it in a higher resolution I will need an email adress.
Some years ago I got a price for transport from Hamburg to the Mediterranean. €6000 as I recall. The transport was a return trip for a truck which had transported a brand new Bavaria to Hamburg. I was told that the width af the Hanse 400 (4,03 m) demanded two follow-cars apart from the truck itself.
Regards Kjeld

Edited by Captain Cook - 18 February 2018 at 18:00
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Heikki View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2018 at 08:20
Hi Kleld,

For some reason I have not received your PM, could you please send email to melajarvi@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance,
Heikki
Melanie
Hanse 400e #121
hansvw View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2024 at 16:54
Hello, I know this post is a few years old. 
I am looking to transfer a 2012 Hanse400 (twin steering wheels) in New England and am trying to get clear measurement on the height of the boat from someone who has done this before. This Hanse400 is the deep draft version (6ft8in or 203 cm). Would you have an actual measurement?
Height restriction here is 13ft6 or 415cm
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2024 at 07:52
Hans, you really need to measure the boat when it is out of the water

Here is my estimate:

Clearance under keel for trailer:   10 cm
Keel 203 cm 213 cm
Bottom to cabin sole   15 cm 228 cm
Cabin Sole to ceiling 190 cm ? 418 cm
Ceiling to deck   10 cm 428 cm

Looks for me as being too close to comfort. Can you remove the keel an reattach ?
Can you ask your local US Hanse dealer, how they get the new boats from cargo port to final destination

Good Luck
Frank
hansvw View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hansvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2024 at 12:53
Thank you very much for this. I will reach out to Hanse dealer. 
The yard did measure height at 13’1” or about 400 cm.
From drawings I estimated 12’10” to top of cabin but that is clearly not accurate enough. 
The boat is out of the water. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12