myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 415/418
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cockpit fuse issue- table lamp.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cockpit fuse issue- table lamp.
    Posted: 28 February 2018 at 18:46
Hi Guys,
I have a '14 415 and I think ive blown the fuse for the removable cockpit table lamp. The light next to the lights button on the main switch board was flashing until I cleared the error. I haven't found anything else that is also not working so Im thinking that the cockpit lamp may be on its own fuse, however I cant find it. I've looked at the main board of fuses behind the control panel and behind the chart plotter.
Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!!
charentebob View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charentebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 15:32
It may be worth checking that the table socket is working. The 2 copper contacts inside mine were corroded & then one broke. If you prise off the S/S surface trim you can remove the socket by taking out 2 screws. Then it’s easy to test whether you have current. Can’t remember which lighting circuit it on, sorry. If the problem is the socket you can get a replacement but it is a rediculas price £70 or thereabouts from memory. I’m looking for a plastic cover of the right size to go over the unit when not in use.

Nigel.
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 19:29
If the plastic cover is broken a cork from a champagne or prosecco bottle does the job :)
Frank
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2018 at 19:43
If the plastic cover is broken a cork from a champagne or prosecco bottle does the job Wink

There are two 12 V supplies going into the cockpit (metal box and to the table):

a) 12 V cockpit socket ( inside the box ) has a 10 A fuse and cable is labeled XS 9.3.18

b) table light has a 15 A fuse and cable is labeled XS 1.3.3 , this is one of the 15 A fuses on the upper level of the Würth panel

Edited by Fendant - 08 March 2018 at 19:47
Frank
Jeremy View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 07:34
Thanks a lot for that Frank.
Ive found the wire for the lamp at the board but not the 15amp blown fuse. In the meantime Ive shifted the plug to another socket in the board so the lamp works again.

My socket for the lamp in the table has totally corroded away as well. A bad design. I emailed the manufacturer in Italy about this and didnt receive a response. A cover, as you said would be a good idea.

Jeremy
charentebob View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charentebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 08:32
Jeremy

I got my new lamp socket from the U.K. Hanse agent. Maybe yours could supply one.

Nigel
jfabrin View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfabrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2023 at 12:53
Saw this older post while searching for the cockpit table lamp. 
Maybe this can be useful
https://hanse.boatoon.com/en/shop/article/18101/holder-for-cockpit-table-lamp
Jørgen Fabrin
 Post Reply Post Reply