myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 345/348
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Electric sockets and USB ports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magicol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric sockets and USB ports
    Posted: 27 March 2018 at 00:47
Our 345 is not well served with electric sockets for use with shore power. I am considering adding 240v sockets in forward and aft cabins and in the saloon for extra convenience. Whilst doing this, it makes sense to use sockets with USB ports. I am wondering if anyone has done this and could offer advice about which sockets to use; also how and where to locate them. In fact, any advice generally on improving electrical access would be welcome.
Hanse 345 #237 based on the Clyde
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 01:36
You will find there is a long thread about installing usb sockets elsewhere.
I installed double usb sockets in both cabins adjacent to the reading lights which I used as a power supply.
I installed an additional double 240v socket under the chart table and switched the existing single socket there to run off my self installed inverter.
If you haven't done so already, it is easy to swap the euro sockets with UK sockets from the same manufacturer.

Edited by S&J - 27 March 2018 at 01:41
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
StavrosNZ View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StavrosNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 06:41
I have replaced a number of my factory reading lights with these new Hafele 12v LED flexi reading lights. They have 2 USB sockets built into the base so no additional wiring needed, great product 2 brightness
 level levels, 
Stephen
2010 H400 #691, Auckland, New Zealand
Magicol View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magicol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2018 at 22:01
Thanks for the advice. I have found the earlier thread on USB charging ports which is very helpful. I like the combination lamp and charger but for reasons of cost, have gone for an independent socket with additional 240v sockets in each of the cabins.
Hanse 345 #237 based on the Clyde
 Post Reply Post Reply