myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Batteries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batteries
    Posted: 27 April 2018 at 17:55
You have all sorts of choices. The original batteries are low tech wet lead acid which are inexpensive and last surprisingly long if you treat them right. I continue to use that technology today, just too cheap to go with something else. They last 6-7 years at least.

However, if you decide to go with something else - AGM, sealed,....   make sure you change the settings on the battery charger to match! if you dont, the new batteries won't last long.

Steve
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
S/V Rocinante View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S/V Rocinante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2018 at 17:44
I can't say that these are the "Recommended" replacements, but I replaced mine with the Deka Ultimate 9AGM95Rs.  Although I've only had them for 1 year, they seem to be fine & they are a perfect fit for the compartment & battery cables... easy swap.

regards,
Carlos & Maria
S/V Rocinante - 2007 Hanse 400e #127
Juno370 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juno370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2018 at 10:14
Can anyone advise what batteries are recommended to replace the Varta 959 002 000
 Post Reply Post Reply