myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Jefa WP900

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarod159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Jefa WP900
    Posted: 07 June 2018 at 11:50
Hi at all!
Because of a health problem, a member of my family can't sailing with me because he can't getting up to the cockpit seat. i'm looking for a solution "to open to him" the cockpit.

So i found this jefa solution:
http://www.jefa.com/steering/products/cable/WP900/wp900.htm

Someone could help me to check the compatibility with my hanse 370/2007???

thanks a lot.
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 13:22
Jarod159,

If you need more space between the wheel and the cockpit seats an easier and cheaper solution may be replacing the standard steering wheel with a Lewmar folding steering wheel - see this link 
https://www.svb24.com/en/lewmar-foldable-steering-wheel.html

Roughly the cost is about E1,200 and hopefully the would be very little effort to change the wheels over.

Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 14:00
Or you could just remove the wheel and put it back when he is onboard.
We often remove the wheel when birthed.
Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
gshannon View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 16:27
Lewmar makes a quick release wheel nut. Maybe you have Jefa steering. They also make a quick release nut.

Grahame

Tangleberry 371-092

aviadesign.com
Peter Russell View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 19:30
The wheel shown is considerably smaller than the standard one.  How about just replacing with a smaller diameter one??
Peter Russell

Hanse 370 hull 499 "Outnumbered"

http://outnumbered.the-russells.net
 Post Reply Post Reply