myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 300 / 301
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

barre franche H 300

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venetia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: barre franche H 300
    Posted: 08 June 2018 at 17:37
 bonsoir,
proprietaire d'un Hanse300 de 2003, j'ai un problème de barre franche qui devient plus de plus en difficile à manoeuvrer.  (dure) 
Si je lache la barre le bateau va tout droit ce qui pose un soucis de sécurité.
Quelqu un at-il le même problème et quelles sont les solutions?
merci 
venetia103
Snow White View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snow White Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 13:09
Bonjour venetia,
Sur le Forum, emploie le traducteur de ton PC > anglais.
Les interlocuteurs sont de nationalités différentes...
Have a good Day.
Bitbaltic View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitbaltic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 18:23
Hi,

Google translate tells me that you have a stiff tiller. Hopefully you can use google to translate the following into French.

Stiff tillers are a common problem on the Hanse 301 and it’s variants (your 300). If you search here you will find lots of accounts of similar problems. The rudder stock of your boat was very likely made by a subcontractor in Poland of an inferior grade of aluminium. It is probable that the rudder stock has suffered electrolytic pitting and this (especially if a previous owner has attempted to repair the damage by filling the pits with epoxy) will in turn have damaged the lower bearing. Thus the very stiff response.

If this is the case you will have to:

In the short term, replace either or both of the damaged bearings.

If you do not want the problem to reappear, replace the bearings AND the rudder stock.

My 301 has exactly this problem when I bought it 7 years ago. My marine engineers rebuilt the rudder (split it open, removed the stock, tooled a new stock of marine grade aluminium) and replaced the bearings. The total cost of this was 2500GBP. Since then, a number of 301 owners have replaced the rudder completely at much lower cost by ordering a complete replacement from JEFA it n Denmark, who make and stock a like-for-like rudder for the 301/300. I suggest you contact them www.jefa.com. Perhaps first take the boat out of the water, unship (remove) the rudder and confirm the scale of damage.

Your problem is a known issue with the Hanse 301. If you have recently bought the boat you should consult your marine surveyor as they should have been aware of this possibility.

Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply