myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

575 1st spreader eyes for flag halyards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gale Force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 575 1st spreader eyes for flag halyards
    Posted: 10 July 2018 at 05:18
Hi
Can anyone tell me if there are eyes on the first spreader to place halyards for the hoisting of courtesy flags.I have not been up the mast but do not seem to see any from deck level.If not how have you dealt with the issue.

Many thanks

Duncan

415 Singapore View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 415 Singapore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 08:05
Hi Duncan
We had the same issue on our 415 (Selden mast) the holes had been drilled in the rear of the spreaders but no eyes had been fitted. At the time we thought the commissioning yard had forgotten them, but maybe not. Our agent arranged for some eyes to be bolted on, but it does seem a very strange omission especially considering the cost of a couple of stainless steel eyes at least.
Personally I would have thought they could have run to the pulleys and the halyards as well
All the best
Paul
Paul - Night Train - 415 #136
Black Diamond View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2018 at 00:34
I had to mount them...   They did not come with the boat.

Rick
S/V Black Diamond
Hanse 575 Build #192, Hull# 161
Newport, RI
 Post Reply Post Reply