myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just ordered a new 388!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just ordered a new 388!
    Posted: 15 August 2018 at 14:04
S&J: 
Great names. Did you have any special naming ceremony? 

Mark & Catherine: 
That sounds nice, and we certainly do hope that when we finally get aboard everything will (eventually) be well :)

h315idra: 
Thank you and same to you!
h315idra View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h315idra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 19:05
I visited the 388 in Genova Boat Show with a interest ed friend of mine: very beautifu boat, great sail Plan and specs; nice interiors and good deckplan.   I like it very much! Fair winds and following seas!
Alessandro Camerini

315#526

Marina di Salivoli, Piombino ITALY
Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 17:07
ubulukutu is a 385 from 2013, we live on her for about 5 months of the year and she has looked after us very well.  i'm sure your new yacht will look after you too.

Mark
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 16:47

Ningaloo is a reef system off the NW Australian coast, known for whale sharks and other marine life.  It is a fringing reef so is accessible from the beach, unlike the Great Barrier Reef which is offshore.

I have been spending 4 months each year in Western Australia for the last 10 years and it is now my permanent home.  My H385 has bocome my European home for the summer months.  Unlike Interlude, I have no plans to sail to Australia.

My first two boats also had "oo" names": Jump Too and Shamu, although I didn't choose those myself.  Shamu was the name of an Orca at one of the USA theme parks (which I am personally very opposed to) so there is another marine link to the names.

H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 12:58
What is the history and background of the name Ningaloo, btw? 
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 12:42
Originally posted by S&J S&J wrote:

Congratulations.  I am another very happy 385 owner.  I collected my boat from the factory in May 2015 and have sailed about 7,000Nm since then.  After 3 years in the Baltic (sadly didn't get as far as Finland) I am now in the UK, contemplating a tour of Ireland and Scotland for next season.

I am sure you will be very happy with your new boat and will find this forum useful when you need assistance.  

Have you thought of a name yet?

Thank you and good to hear!

We have thought about the name, quite a lot in fact. And also about the naming ceremony :) Names are interesting, but also a bit challenging.
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 09:00

Congratulations.  I am another very happy 385 owner.  I collected my boat from the factory in May 2015 and have sailed about 7,000Nm since then.  After 3 years in the Baltic (sadly didn't get as far as Finland) I am now in the UK, contemplating a tour of Ireland and Scotland for next season.

I am sure you will be very happy with your new boat and will find this forum useful when you need assistance.  

Have you thought of a name yet?

H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2018 at 04:56
Originally posted by Martin&Rene Martin&Rene wrote:

Welcome to the happyclubof Hanse sailors.
Thank you! I'm holding my breath a bit, though, until the yacht is ready and delivered Geek 

Quote You get the MyHanse burgees from Holby.  See

http://www.myhanse.com/myhanse-burgee_topic10661_post89678.html?KW=myhanse#89678

Remember it comes with obligations.  (A wee dram,or two).  Thankfully, when I met Dave in Campbeltown, he was on the final leg of a whisky tasting cruise around Islay etc. and he was just off to the final tasting in the local distillery.

Ok, thank you. I will contact Holby. And the obligations will be honored! (I never had whisky aboard any boat, but that will obviously have to change now Beer.)
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 21:35
Welcome to the happyclubof Hanse sailors.

You get the MyHanse burgees from Holby.  See

http://www.myhanse.com/myhanse-burgee_topic10661_post89678.html?KW=myhanse#89678

Remember it comes with obligations.  (A wee dram,or two).  Thankfully, when I met Dave in Campbeltown, he was on the final leg of a whisky tasting cruise around Islay etc. and he was just off to the final tasting in the local distillery.

Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2018 at 07:04
Originally posted by Persse Persse wrote:

Congratulations, these are excellent boats, good and fast sailors, safe and comfortable. I have had my 385 now for 4 years and still have a thrill every time I step aboard. 
Phil O.

Thank you! And I'm glad to hear that Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>