myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 545/548
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hanse 545 with no AC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunaRossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hanse 545 with no AC
    Posted: 16 August 2018 at 08:06
Hi all,

I am thinking of purchasing a 2010 Hanse 545 but this boat does not have AC what might be not that good specially when your are docking and power is easy available. 

The actual owner told me that she has kind of a pre-instalation (some pipes etc) which is standard or was done when he got it from Hanse directly but he never got an AC installed later on.

So my question is if you have any experience with an after market solution and what the costs could be getting an AC installed in a 545.

Thanks so much.

LunaRossa   
Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 10:31
We have a friend who had AC added to his 531 which was a great success.

Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
LunaRossa View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunaRossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 12:11
thx Wayne 

did he tell you how much he ended up? I don't have a glue what price range we are talking about and it might help me negotiating price with the seller.

LunaRossa

Wayne's World View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 14:26
LunaRossa,

I will ask him what the cost was, how many units and size of the units he had fitted. I will get back to you as soon as I know.
Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 08:21
hello
I have installed the AC in our 545/2010 by myself in 2010.
The total netto price of all the material was arround 11.000,- Euro netto ex VAT. I have a discount of 30%(15.500,- Euro) because that time I was a professional in CV and AC.
the brand was Marvair (no it is become Webasto I think)
2x 7000 btu (1 for 2 aftercabine 1 for frontcabine)
1x 16000 btu (living area)
1x seawaterpump
1x relay to steer the pump
There is a lot of work on it but it is possible to do the job in 2 max 3 workdays.
I would like to recommend you not to take the 16000 btu unit but 2 smaller like 7000 our 9000 btu. Price diff 2000,- ex VAT.
The problem with the 16000 is the current to start it up.on the manual 24 Amp in real sometimes +30 Amp. Problem wit our Fischer Panda gen 6Kva and on the wall (16Amp even 32 Amp  sometimes)
Even with a delay relay to start the units one by one this give problems.
Do not make the mistake to take small tubes (make then so short as possible and min 125mm dia for 7000 or 9000 btu)and grills for the outlets and use big inlet grills this will reduce the noise, condensation and capacity.

Edited by Wild - 17 August 2018 at 08:26
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
LunaRossa View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunaRossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2018 at 12:13
thx Captain WILD!

Looks like you know what you are talking about :-))

Thank you very much for this first hand input, really appreciated! 

I already heard from friends about that issue getting it started can be difficult but I think the fixed it quite easy with a delay relay as you already mentioned.

So going for 4 x 7000 btu units will be around € 20.000 plus labour and pipes etc correct?

All the best!

LunaRossa

Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 10:41
hello
If you calculate arround 20.000 euro it must be possible.
the pre-installation by Hanse is only the switches on the AC board and it is a little difficult to find the exact connectors, so far I remember the brand is WAGO germany.
The pipes and truhulls , condensationpumps, elect. wires etc. where not pre-installed in our boat.
Good luck
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
 Post Reply Post Reply