myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 385/388
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hands-free showering?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ida View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hands-free showering?
    Posted: 06 January 2019 at 10:44
thats what I think:
"...It is also difficult to use the toilet as there is insufficient knee room..."

My idea is to turn the toilet 45Degrees CCW so that my knees will show to the shower.
Has anywone done this yet ?

Hanse 385 #426, "eLisa", May2016, 3Cabins, Selden Mast, Elvström FCL, Furling Main, Draft: 1,63m, Volvo D2-40, Bowthruster
gshannon View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2018 at 20:26
It seems after all these years Hanse has still not learned that water prefers to flow downhill! My 371 is the same. A well designed shower floor is conical with the train at the lowest point. It should drain even when heeled 5 degrees or so. I would use a 10 degree slope. Then add a grating to make a flat floor to stand on. 
Grahame

Tangleberry 371-092

aviadesign.com
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2018 at 17:33
We need a bigger boat! Wacko

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it will work. 

jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2018 at 10:48
Newer yachts is not always an improvment. On both the 370 and 400 there is a acrylic wall separating the shower from the toilet. Plenty of room! Only issue is that the floor leans in the wrong way leaving water in the toilet part even if the sink for the shower is in the right location.
Jesper
Hanse 400e
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2018 at 22:06
The 385 has a different and flawed layout. I feel that by requiring the inclusion of the "form before function" round basin, the 385 layout forced a less than ideal location for the toilet. This means that it is impossible to stand in front of the basin because the toilet gets in the way. It is also difficult to use the toilet as there is insufficient knee room. Gents certainly cannot kneel at the toilet.
The shower is excellent except that the floor drains towards the basin and away from the actual shower drain.
Hopefully the 388 resolves many of these issues.
Even in the 385 I tend to hold the shower head to get the water where I need it as it has quite a narrow spray pattern.

Edited by S&J - 20 August 2018 at 22:08
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
mglonnro View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mglonnro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2018 at 19:32
The shower in the Hanse 388 (same as 385?), is it designed to be used "hands-free"? It's mounted on the wall behind the toilet so I assume it could be possible to use it while sitting on the toilet cover? 

Post Reply Post Reply