myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new headsail One sails Filmless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new headsail One sails Filmless
    Posted: 20 September 2018 at 10:22
hello
we need a new selftacking gib on our 545e 2010 58 sqM. Now we still have the original North ACL(laminate) and wont to upgrade to membrane.
Do any of you have experience with this one piece sails.
North:3 Di Endurance( very expensive)
Elvstrom: EPEX DEN 05  Vectran-Technora ?
Banks: Revolution Dyneema-Carbon 
Banks: Cruise Q Carbon Black Aramid?

second option panelled filmless membrane with continuous yarns like
UK: X Drive Endumax ? (expensive comparing with One Sails and Cruise Q from Banks)
One sails :Vantage TFT Carbon-black Aramid ?
Thanks for any comment

Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2018 at 15:50
Are you considering a panelled sail for cost reasons? I have been racing on a boat with a One sails continuous yarn Genoa and have been very impressed with the shape and light weight. I think it is now a couple of seasons old and shows good longevity.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2018 at 09:40
S&J

Which sail of ONE sails did you sail ?
T4 forte composite, M3 laminate, Vector 2 or the Vantage filmless Twaron sail.
there is a big difference in technologie and price.
The vantage sails is simular to UK X drive (panneled with yarns) only UK use now the new ENDUMAX against Twaron and Vantage use a filmless taffeta(no Mylar  so less weight) and anti UV and mold treatment.
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 11:25
These are the details supplied by the boat owner; 4T Range. Racing & Grand Prix Forte 115 R.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
sailkoop View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2018 at 11:53
Hi Wild,
I am sailing with Elvstrom EPEX since 2012 for the Genoa! A real big Step forward against the North ACL Sails from Hanse!
I also sail a Swan48 with one sail Sails 4T! These are great Sails, but only for racing, not for Cruising. Depends on handling! There are no excuse for any mishandling...

I still prefer the Sails from Elvstrom, when you'll cruising and a little racing...
Important is to have an experienced Sailmaiker on Board to measure the Maximum for the Sailarea. I've got 2qm more in the Genoa and 7qm more in the Mainsail... That's an impact of 8% Sailingarea on my Boat...

Only my two cents
best regards

Bjoern

Post Reply Post Reply