myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loose heater tube under closet in rear cabin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loose heater tube under closet in rear cabin
    Posted: 18 October 2018 at 20:58
I was trying to modify the heater tubing to get better heatflow into front cabin. This went wrong, and I think that the tube is disconnected under the closet in rear cabin. Can I Access the hose under the closet? How can I remove the closet?

Merinalle View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merinalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2018 at 19:20

No answers yet? Obviously you are the first and only with this kind of problem. Our heater is not a factory installed one, but maybe I can give some hints.

Removing the closet seems to be quite difficult. Our installer approached the area under the closet horizontally, not vertically. Here is a picture of the opening (without the cover).

The other picture is made upwards from the hole. As you can see, there really seems to be some kind of horizontal opening in the GRP. Again, I can’t imagine how to reach it without removing the closet.

Hope this helps you

Edited by Merinalle - 24 November 2018 at 13:46
320#166
2203 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 19:43
Thanks a lot for the pictures. They were really helpfull. 

I ended up cutting out the floor on the right side of the closet, - so that I could access the large hole in fiberglass underneath. 
Merinalle View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merinalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2018 at 13:47
Nice to know the pictures helped you, although I had mixed vertical and horizontal on my original text. Now it is edited to be more logical.
320#166
 Post Reply Post Reply