myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 341 / 342
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kitchen cabinets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jeb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kitchen cabinets
    Posted: 26 October 2018 at 08:25
The 341/342 as well as the 371 models are not known to utilize the space super efficient. There is almost 10cm behind the cabinets. I would re build them to get them deeper. To verify how much space is left behind befor starting the re-build, you can easy remove an inspection hatch i the top of the cabinet to verify how much dead space there is.
Jesper
Hanse 400e
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 08:06
IKEA has a great rectangular grill frying pan with foldable handle.
Frank
Martin&Rene View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martin&Rene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2018 at 21:05
We managed to find some pans with folding handles just the right size, but I have not seen them recently.  There are also some pans with removeable handles.  
Our storage arrangements are
Top shelf under the sink;  Medium size pan, strainer & measuring jug
Bottom shelf under the sink;  4 litre pressure cooker & small pan
Through the hole in the side of the bottom shelf and so underneath the fridge;  Frying pan, large bowl and large strainer.
In the oven;  Casserole dish and Frying Pan

If you put some non-slip matting down, you can also store some items on the shelf underneath the cooker.

In the small cupboard behind the cooker I have put in a shelf just 6-7cms down on which we store the long rolls of cling film and aluminium foil. 

We store food in the 2 rear cupboards in the saloon.  Where we have tins etc on the top shelf, we slot our table mats into the front of the shelves to keep the items in place when we heel. 

Once you get it sorted, I am sure you will enjoy your new yacht.  Go back through the forum as there are many useful tips.
Martin&Rene Hanse 341 Dipper Wheel steering, 3 cabin layout, normally based in Scotland
Chrit View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2018 at 22:21
Hi

We have just bought a 341, and see that even though we go up 5 feet in size the kitchen cabinets do not fit the hardware we have from our old boat. They are very shallow.

The question is then, how do you organize your kitchen to fit everything needed?
 Post Reply Post Reply