myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 371
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Karma teak looks as new

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Carlosailfan View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karma teak looks as new
    Posted: 07 December 2018 at 06:49
Thanks for the answer, i found the dutch supplier so they will ship it to me.

best regards,

Carlo
Best regards
/C
Koppiekrou View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 12:45
Carlo,

I use the Honeytone. The goldtone wil give it a gold/red colour. For the first time you can use the cleaner of SEMCO.

By the way, SEMCO sealer works against mildew (green and black spots in your teak).
291 4Ever - 341 Eternal Flame and now a Hanse 371 '05 Karma - Shoal draft - 2 cabin - 40hp - Variprofile
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 10:43
My son has a boat from 2005. The teak looks almost worn out. I suspect the previous owner has cleaned it too much.
My boat is from 2008 and teak looks new. I have never cleaned it, but I have a tent over it. :-)

I spray my teak and tent/sparyhood with this green growt remover.

Edited by Sea-U - 06 December 2018 at 10:44
Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 06:59
By the way, what color did you apply on the teak od LARMA seen SEMCO offers different colors.

Cleartone
Goldtone
Honeytone
Naturel

grtz,
/C
Best regards
/C
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosailfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 06:52
Thanks for the very nice pictures of Karma, i know what to do with our teak !! Smile.
Best regards
/C
silversailor View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silversailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2018 at 01:11
Karma, your teak looks great.  Mine has gone grey but I would like to bring it back to Karma's condition this spring.  In addition to cleaning and SEMCO, any suggestions?
Silversailor
South Haven, MI USA
S/V Legacy
2010 Andrews 28
Scotchmist View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchmist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 16:25
We use baby bottle steralising fluid (Milton or similar) in solution - large bucket of water to a capfull, to swab the teak with a sponge every 2 weeks. To an extend it doesn't go so grey (because of the bleach element) but more importantly, it stops the ingrained green vegetation growth  
Andrew

Scotch Mischief Dehler 38 by Hanse
S&J View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 15:59
I've always believed that it is better to let teak decks weather naturally. I've often been told my own teak looks like new but my boat is only 4 seasons old and has been shrink-wrapped each winter.
These photos suggest this is a product worth investigating.
H458 #159 Primal Mediterranean cruising
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 14:41
P.s. pictures are from this summer (2018).
291 4Ever - 341 Eternal Flame and now a Hanse 371 '05 Karma - Shoal draft - 2 cabin - 40hp - Variprofile
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koppiekrou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 14:26
Yeah unbelievable I know. 

But Karma is from 2005 with the original teak mounted. Once or twice a year I only rinse it clean and then I apply SEMCO Teak concealer. Easy!! Just with a piece of cloth or a brush and for months it will look as new.

And no, I have nothing to do with SEMCO but I just want to let you all see how good it looks (and keept looking). Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply