myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wet sand dull "white gray" gelcoat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 13:25
No worries but i still like to emphasize that the alakline washing is crucial to get a good result. I tried to use heavy cut compound first and it did not help much. The good result occured after the washing.
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 13:43
I used wool and heavy cut compound but still, as i say above, the alkaline wash is the thing. The oxidation will otherwise only clogg the wool pad and make no good result. remove oxidation, rubb hard and you will see a big difference.
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
astarte View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astarte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 15:54
Ok, may be I did'nt wash good enough. May I ask what type of detergent you used.
Kristoffer
Hanse 370e #412
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 17:39
Thank you Marco! As you say, pad selection is very important. It might be helpful if you were to post which pads you used at each stage just as an example...
Steve
Steve

Hanse 400e, #168
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 19:29
The detergent brand is a swedish one and made by the company SGA that held the course. Main thing that it is alkaline. I suggest that you contact a car polish company and ask what they use. SGA in sweden is from the beginning a car polish product retailer for pros.
Let me get back to you about the pads. Ill try to fix a picture.
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 19:30
The type is alkaline. Used by car recondition companies.
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 19:34
https://youtu.be/Xm97yuNYj1A
There is to be found more info on youtube i think.
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

astarte View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astarte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 19:36
Thx a lot!
Kristoffer
Hanse 370e #412
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2018 at 19:47
https://youtu.be/Xm97yuNYj1A
There is to be found more info on youtube i think.
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

Heikki View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2019 at 15:51
My light grey Hanse 400e (2006) is also quite dull and I have done the Abralon/Mirka process a couple of times. It takes several days to do it but the result is rewarding. The problem is that this is not a long lasting solution. Last spring the boat was shining beatyfully in April, but was again quite dull in August. Next time I will try alkaline washing first as Marco instructed.

Heikki
Melanie
Hanse 400e #121
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>