myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 300 / 301
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does anybody have a cruising shute

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anybody have a cruising shute
    Posted: 18 September 2007 at 15:57
Surely somebody has a cruising shute on a 301, I would appreciate it if somebody would give advice with prehaps a picture as to how to fit said cruising shute to my 301.
Many thanks in anticipation,
Dave
John @At-o-ma View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John @At-o-ma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2007 at 17:43
Hi Dave,
Seldan Spars do a pole kit for fitting to most boats.You need to project the tack forward of the 301s large pullpit other wise damage can be done to it.
Cruising Chutes on three quarter rig boats are a problem because when you "soak" down beyond 110 degrees to the wind the mainsail blankets the chute. A 80% spinnaker on the other hand can go as close to the wind as a crusing chute but go down wind were ever you want to go.
The pole on a spinnaker can be a problem for short handed sailing but if need be you could always drop the spinnaker ,gybe then rehoist.

John
Enhanser of Conwy
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 16:56
Once again, Many thanks for your assistance John, much appreciated.  Just for your info, I will at the end of October be moving my 301 to the Marina at Pwllheli for the winter. Prehaps we can meet up then. Dave
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
John @At-o-ma View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John @At-o-ma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2007 at 11:37
Will look forward to meeting you then Dave.
John
Enhanser of Conwy
Peter Wareham View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Wareham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 11:15
Hi - does anyone have a spinnaker rigged together with the self tacking jib? I'm interested in how the pole uphaul is rigged on the mast as the self tacker uses the sheave which would normally be used for this. Also, with the jib sheet going vertically up the front of the mast it doesn't leave any room for a pole uphaul line?
Thanks
Peter Wareham - Tikatam
 Post Reply Post Reply