myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 300 / 301
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOsmosis on Hanse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2004 at 17:40
I'm concerned about the quality of hanse yachts. My hope is that hanse greifswald now reacts in that way, we can get back to confidence to our ships.
BR Ralf, Ex. 'a mare' H370
Clivian View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2004 at 20:43

I feel that as Peter Thomas has now replied to the message board - give him a chance to try and do some fact finding.

If you refer to some of my past messages - it was Peter who helped us out and resolved our problems.

Sue 

Marion Hurst View Drop Down
Hanse Staff
Hanse Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 15:31

Message from Peter Thomas, Hanse UK

My understanding is that when possible gelcoat defects were noticed, the factory sent a technician to have a look at the boat fairly quickly - in fact this was last June. He found some bubbles in the rudder and a few in the aft area of the hull. Unfortunately, the technician was refused permission to scrape the hull to see whether the defects were due to osmosis or a simple manufacturing defect in localised areas or even defects in the primer or epoxide coating that may have been on the boat but could not be examined. 

Despite this uncertainty an offer was made, through the Hanse dealer, to contribute towards the cost of any work needed.  The factory have confirmed to me again, that they have always been willing to help solve the problem.  But I think it is quite reasonable for them to be able to examine the boat properly, find out what is wrong, and make their own proposal for rectification. 

I am sure that if the owner contacts the dealer again or whoever he has been in contact with at the yard, then the deadlock can be broken 

For general information this boat was built in May 1999.  Methods of construction, materials used and working conditions have continued to improve over the last five years.

Edited by Marion Hurst
Hanse Yachts UK
Eternal Flame View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 15:57

Yes!! You see there is always a solution. It takes time.....I know but let's be honest. When selling more than four-thousand ships from 1992 there is always a possibility that a few have some problems. Let it be.... let's say 1%.........that are 40 ships with problems...  

Okee it is really f*cking when it happens to you but let's see it in perspective....

Frank - Eternal Flame

Happy Sailing you all!
Anxious Owner View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 19:10

Hi all Hanse Owners,

Finally, with help of Hanse UK, things seem to get in motion.

As Frank (Eternal Flame) stated, everything should be seen in perspective. That's right. It is not that faults should not be made (nobody is perfect), but it is all about the way to handle them.

In this respect, the reaction of Greifswald, as reproduced by Peter Thomas, creates many remarks and questions for us.

However, we won't bother you with that. Most important to us (and I think to you all) is the way Hanse might be solving this problem, after the very long period that we have been waiting for an official reaction.

We will keep you informed.

Regards,

Anxious Owner

rlang View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 00:51

Hi Anxious Owner [a name would be nice]

It is good to see you  are now happy,it is a shame you did not refer to the visit of the Hanse expert or the fact that he was not permitted to properly inspect these blisters they may well be osmosis BUT they might just be simple gelcoat blisters.

So lets all get on with the positive side of life and enjoy our well designed, well priced, well built yachts.

Rob.

371 #260 two weeks away.

Mark Slocombe View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 01:07
Have to agree with Rob - unfortunate that Anxious Owner neglected to
mention Hanse's technician's visit; perhaps we've heard enough of his/
her (anonymous) tale?

I have nothing but praise for my purchase experience from Hanse UK, and
would recommend these boats to anyone.
Cheers,

Mark Slocombe,
New Rose, Noss on Dart
Anxious Owner View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 07:10

Hi Rob and Mark,

As writen in our posting of 16 november (see above) the reaction of Greifswald causes many remarks and questions. Now that Greifswald and Hanse UK are working to solve these problems, it is not fair to give our detailed reaction on their points of view. Main issue is that they have shown that they are doing their best to solve the problems.

We feel sorry that the two of you are more or less questioning our integrity. That is not a good base for discussions on platforms that are of general interest.

Anxious Owner

Webmaster View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 13:36

Hi Guys,

I don't want this to become a personal attack on anyone so I am going to close the thread.  (I know it probably will not but I would like to keep the forum on topic).

Thanks,

Jonathan
Webmaster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234