myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ventilation of head/shower?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gertha View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ventilation of head/shower?
    Posted: 05 September 2013 at 18:46
Pleased the photo helped, also can report , the vent and solar panel that are wired through hole are still working fine.
My only problem is original vent over cooker has now failed and is stuck closed.
Will pull it apart next week ; but has anyone else had this problem.
Simon
Swanned off
Ian Robinson View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 13:44
Dear Simon and Marcel,

Due to Plastimo's partial collapse it has taken me a year to locate a source for the streamlined dorade ventilator, but the other day armed with the excellent photographs you added to the forum I installed one in my heads compartment.

Many thanks.

Ian
Ostara a 370#88
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 12:03
Good boy! That's what I wanted to hear! [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />

I have found a spot in my boat where the balsa is fully exposed. There is a big hole for the main switch in the aft cabin cupboard. If I ever want to know what balsa looks like I look there. However, it is not exposed to any water so I am not very concerned about it.

Johan

PS. The drain in my anchor locker (and many other people's anchor lockers) is an altogether different story. It's been fixed on my boat though.

Edited by Johan Hackman - 02 December 2008 at 12:37
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 11:38
There is Balsa as reinforcement used.
I removerd a little bit off the balsa and did put epoxytix (epoxy wich i made a little thikker) so water can not get into the balsa.
Then I did put in the vent with sikaflex.
It is wathertight now I can asure you.
greetings Marcel

Edited by alettaenmarcel - 02 December 2008 at 11:38
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 10:31
No
Blake 370
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 10:00
But I don't suppose you could see any exposed balsa, could you?

Johan
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 09:42
Due to leakage I had to disassemble the yard mounted vent this summer. It is on the opposite side of the boat.  There was no reinforce or sealant used by the yard.....
Blake 370
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2008 at 09:22
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but isn't the area in the deck where you drilled the hole sandwich laminate? If so, did you reinforce and seal it?

Johan
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 17:14

thx

Blake 370
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 17:13
I have drilled a small hole first in the expected erea where the vent would come.
Then I could measure beter.
After that I drilled the gpr from the outside.
Then wenn the hole was in the deck i could look inside and saw that I almost hit an electric cableConfused
I could place the cable from the outside a litle out off the way and then I drilled trough the cealing wich I did not remove.
Thats all and the rest you can see on the pictures.
Greetings Marcel

Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>