myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 400
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fixing Return Blocks to the Rail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcrisp2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fixing Return Blocks to the Rail
    Posted: 30 December 2008 at 04:38
Hi All,

has anybody fitted return blocks for the spinnaker and genoa to the rail??

If so can you please telling me about the rail fitting you used?

Thanks

Cheers,

Mike C.
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2008 at 11:37

I think you mean the parts from Pfeiffer-Marine

Klemmstück zur Befestigung von Blöcken o.ä. | Fastener for Blocks

Best.-Nr. Typ Bruchlast Anmerkung

Order No. Type Breakload Note

72 647 01 nur für Schiene | for Rail 72 640 01 125 kg z.B. Hanse ab Bj. 2004

It is only for Hanse yachts beginnning from 2004.

Edited by Peter-Blake - 30 December 2008 at 13:28
Blake 370
Abstinenz View Drop Down
myHanse Moderator - Denmark
myHanse Moderator - Denmark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abstinenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2008 at 14:16
Hi,

I talked to the Pfeiffer guys at METS in Amsterdam in November and they told me the toe rail parts was not suitable for spinnaker blocks (guy sheeting) as the load was far too high. The breakload is only 125 kg.
They recomended me to use a through deck block.

That's what they told...!

/Steen

Hanse 342#436
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2008 at 14:24
Interesting infromation Steen, but these parts were sold to me from Hanseyard for the spinnaker! it was part of the spinnakerpackage!

I also saw today, when i had posted this here,  that the breakload is only 125 kg. If it is only 125kg breakload than the save wortking load is max 62,5kg! Way to low.
Blake 370
Rubato View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2008 at 14:52
I've been using these fittings on Rubato for 2 seasons now with no issues. Couple of things that I found though were 1) don't attach a block directly to these as the metal on metal wore away the aluminum of this fitting quickly 2) it's difficult to get this fitting to attach to the rail tightly, spend time doing it and be careful not to strip the threads.

Here is a pic similar to the webbing that I used to attach spin sheet and guy blocks to these aluminum rail fittings. I got these at a mountain climbing shop for about $4 each.
Steve
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2008 at 10:10
Originally posted by Peter-Blake Peter-Blake wrote:

I think you mean the parts from Pfeiffer-Marine

It is only for Hanse yachts beginnning from 2004.

I fail to find out how much they would cost. Anyone got a price? Hanse UK used to (still do?) sell them but I thought they were way to expensive.

Johan
alettaenmarcel View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2008 at 13:15

I used to ways.

On the aft before the winch I used a U bolt through the deck(with backingplates) and at the use of my barberholers I simply used a u bold on the rail.
See fore the pictures yourself.
Greetings Marcel

Edited by alettaenmarcel - 31 December 2008 at 13:19
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
Jens View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2008 at 15:09

To Johan, I bought mine at http://www.svb.de art. number 80085. Cost is 34,90 €.

I also used them for spinnaker blocks since I know that Hanse deliver the these fasteners in their spinnaker package. I have sailed with an asymmetrical spinnaker this summer with out problems. Later I found out that they are very much overloaded for this use, so not to damage the rail I’ll mount U a bolt through the deck as alettaenmarcel did.

Jens
Hanse 370, #423, 2008
Three cabin
 Post Reply Post Reply