myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cobb grill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beppeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cobb grill
    Posted: 19 May 2009 at 17:31

It's fantastic.

You can use also inside: no smoke, no smell.. noting.
And you can cooke everything.
l'isola che non c'è - Hanse320
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 02:48
hi beppeg, I'm glad you like the Cobb, I have been thinking about one for sometime. I see you use it in your cockpit, I think I will have to get one. I have heard only good reports.
Dave
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
Staui View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Staui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 21:28
yeah, that is a great invention. We have one as well however; I prefer to fire it up at safe distance from the boat, but once there are no flames you can use it safely anywhere. On a cool day in Scandinavia, when you use the canopy this will in fact be heated up nicely as well as a bonus!

"Malaika" 400 /#426
Clivian View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clivian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2009 at 23:03

We have cooked some lovely joints of meat on ours - very tasty Clap

When you have finished cooking - you can boil many kettles of hot water for the washing up Wink.

To be recommended.....

Sue
Stella*Nova View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stella*Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 13:53
We also have the Cobb. But we didn't use it on board yet. Testing at home it shows that it works fine but that some fat will spray beside the grill. So I'm thinking about something to protect the teak from this.
BR Ralf, Ex. 'a mare' H370
Vesper View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vesper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2009 at 15:34

We wouldn't sail for any time without ours, I'vew been evangelic about these for 3 years now!! after our previous boat had no ovenWink

From roast dinners through to pizza they cook a treat.

Our favorite recipe though is fresh caught mackeral in summer smoked in one of these. Tesco sell hickory wood chips for BBQs which we soak in water, throw the freshly caught and gutted mackeral on top, a good handful of woodchips on the coals, cover and wait. From hook to delicious in 15minsBig%20smile also work well with fresh salmon - from the fishmonger as these are as rare as hens teeth on the East Coast.

Edited by Vesper - 20 June 2009 at 15:35
Vesper Hanse370 Medway
107 300sl
124 E220
2.5tdi 90
Seagull 102
 Post Reply Post Reply