myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 461 / 470
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

isotherm fridge failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: isotherm fridge failure
    Posted: 30 January 2011 at 11:04
We have the standard isotherm fridge (Mod no. 3135FA2B0000, R134A) with top and front door and it decided to stop cooling (H470,2007) . Any idea what to check and how to access it (compressor unit)? Could it be the thermostat you can exchange from the inside?

Edited by tobo - 30 January 2011 at 11:04
Thomi
panos View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 12:28
Hi,
Most probable causes are the electric supply (broken fuse) and the thermostat. Loss of cooling liquid (freon) can also be a problem but not so often. You can check the thermostat by short circuiting the contacts in back. U can easily replace it (we did !).
Panos

Hanse 630e - selling her -
Peter Russell View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Russell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 14:22
On my 370 we founf that the power connector sometimes comes off the control board.  This is situated (on the 370) behind a panel in the cupboard to the left of the cooker.  This is near the lower doof on the fridge.  I'm sure yours will be similar.  If there is no power to the fridge - does the light come on?? - then if the fuse looks OK this may be the issue.  It is a simple push fit and slamming on waves seems to loosen it Cry
Peter Russell

Hanse 370 hull 499 "Outnumbered"

http://outnumbered.the-russells.net
tobo View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 08:59
According to Hanse After Sales Service you have to cut open an inspection door to get access to the electric supply and the compressor.  With the 470 it is most probably below the cooker. In half an hour I will know more when I start the chainsaw massacre. (Once again I don't understand why Hanse's boatbuilders don't think of such basic things.)

Edited by tobo - 01 February 2011 at 09:14
Thomi
graemefromdownu View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graemefromdownu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 11:09
Bit late now, the chain saw may have done its job, but on the 461 the compressor is in the bilge adjacent to the cooker area.

Secondly a tool I can heartily recommend for this sort of work, link below.  I use this for any fine joinery job where a thin controlled cut is needed, it is absolutely brilliant.  The good thing about it is you can start at any point and go in to any depth, cut out the shape you want and no extra saw kerf around the sides.  FINE also do one, but out of my budget.  There is also a similar unit made by CEL (see Amazon) but I don't know how good it is.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Multifunctional-Rounder-Multi-Accessories/dp/B003H4QOLA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1296558251&sr=8-3

Good luck, Graeme
461: Dreamtime Wanderer, on her way to Australia.
tobo View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 11:26
Thanks Graeme, the job is done, the mistake is found. The cable connector which lay under the compressor in the bilge (!) was corroded (it should have been hung up) The ugly part part was the sawing and now we will have to put a mahagony playwood cover over it. Thanks to the fast response of Hanse After Sales we knew on which side to drill. The electrician doing the job couldn't believe his eyes that Hanse forgot to make this inspection door. P.S. the models 2008/09 have this hatch now. A weak consolation!

Edited by tobo - 08 February 2011 at 13:21
Thomi
tmagnussen View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmagnussen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 19:44
Having the same issue on my 2008 Hanse 370 (Isotherm mod 3135FA2B0000 R134a).
Its running but the fridge never gets "cold".

Unsure where to start troubleshooting my problem so any input would be nice :)

Edited by tmagnussen - 22 June 2014 at 00:57
Thomas Magnussen

Hanse 370
High Time View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote High Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 21:01
If you can hear the compressor running then it is probably a problem with the refrigerant (gas). This can leak over time to the point where the fridge will not get cold anymore.

The system can be re-pressurised but it is best done by a qualified refrigeration engineer. It is a standard procedure but will require good access to the gas connections on the compressor.
Roger

High Time (415 #038)
tmagnussen View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmagnussen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 21:14
Anyone here have some instructions on how to get the box out of the boat without totaly destroying the kitchen furniture. Looking at it today im a bit scared of firing up the chainsaw on it :)

Or is it possible to take out the isotherm compressor through that small inspection hole.

Looks to be this one btw.

http://isotherm-parts.com/2301-classic-compact-p-1741.html

Edited by tmagnussen - 22 June 2014 at 00:59
Thomas Magnussen

Hanse 370
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 06:59
Owwh, this seems an expensive piece of hardware !
Do you need to change the compressor ?

We had a strange thing with our fridge: at a certain moment we found a sort of pale-blue liquid on the bottom of the fridge. We experienced this liquid several times and don't know where it is coming from. A friend confirmed me it can not be the cooling liquid, since this is a gas...
Up till now the fridge still functions....

Edited by kweetje - 22 June 2014 at 07:05
First 4000 miles, no substantial problems
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>