myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 461 / 470
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

isotherm fridge failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver lining Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 13:16
I have a chap who can gas the compressor with ease , I just can't get access to the bloody thing !
Everything seems to be working fine with my control unit and compressor , I think a recharge of the R134a would help a lot , you would think hanse would have Fitted and wired the unit to the battery bank with appropriate cabling ? As not to drop voltage ?
'Silver Lining' 400e #199
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 12:15
This weekend I had another problem. 
On Friday the fridge was quite full. It was running all night. Seems it never stopped and I was worried. In the morning everything was very cold. Stuff in the freezer was very frozen.
Is there a regulator somewhere? Can not find any.

I got the feeling that when the freezer was full, it ran much longer and got too cold.
Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 13:02
Yes there is a regulator, you find it if you look from the topside into it. As far as i remember it is under the freezer. You may need a mirror to find it. or use your mobilephonecamera.
Blake 370
Sea-U View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sea-U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 13:48
OK, Thanks. 
It might be that it was covered by something and got false temperature.
Sea-U is a 370e #532 located SW Norway
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 13:20
In my 400 - the regulator is placed INSIDE the freezer compartment
Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Inacanoe View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inacanoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2022 at 12:13
We have the same blue liquid pooling in our Hanse 415 isotherm fridge.  Any idea what this is and how it affects cooling performance?
Inacanoe View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inacanoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2022 at 12:16
We have the same type of blue fluid pooling in our Hanse 415 isotherm fridge.  Any thoughts on what this is and how it affects cooling performance?  
Captain Cook View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2022 at 21:54

Search "Isotherm ASU", I suppose that the blue fluid is the cooling agent from inside the container.

ASU may be explained here on myhanse in "advanced search", else google it. As I remember AutomaticStartUp is a system where the compressor is working overtime when there are plenty of amperes, (then freezing the container), and  when the voltage is low, the compressor rests while the frozen container delivers the needed cooling.

Freya H400 #27 (2006), 40HP 3JH4E, 2-cabin, 3-blade Flexofold, Aries LiftUp Windvane, Exturn 300, Jefa DD1,Simrad NX40,Icom M603(VHF)+M802(SSB)
Jens View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 12:17
Hi 

Has anybody tried to replace the compressor including the evaporator in a 370 or 400?

My compressor can no longer cool the fridge down even though its running instant. I had a coolant service guy to look at it and top up the coolant, but it didn’t help. Voltage is also fine. The service guy suggestion is to replace both compressor and evaporator.

I can see in this thread that Idelfix seems to have been able to take out the compressor through the small locker next to the oven. Can anybody confirm that this is possible?

If the compressor can go out through the locker, I believe that replacing both parts should not be that complicated. Existing pipes has to be cut since they are soldered so I must find out what to do with the coolant.

Jens
Hanse 370, #423, 2008
Three cabin
Wild View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 13:36
hello 
A few years ago we replaced the evaporator there was a leak in the tube and oil was leaking 
There’s a bolt ( look manual not easy to reach) who keeps the compressor in place. Once this bolt loose you can slide the compressor out the metal sleeve in to the locker under the stove .the tubes are long enough to do this but not complete outside the locker.
We have to cut the tubes and make the soldering in to the small locker under the stove.
Two things to take care of 
The gastube in the locker under the stove and not to get small particles of copper in to the tubes by cutting they will destroy the compressor 
Wild and Wet
Belgium
545e#268
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>