myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reduce compressor running time with up to 50%

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Johan Hackman View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Hackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2011 at 07:47
Originally posted by holby holby wrote:

Johan, I am no expert on things like this, as I am sure you are aware, but it seems to me that the cool box should be able to removed, and the compressor for the "coolbox" is under the starboard bunk with a fan into the saloon to keep it cool and circulate the air.  The cooling plate in the coolbox, i think was added as a later item.
Out of interest is the compressor as one unit with your fridge or as extra equipment under a bunk?
Dave

Dave, if you take a look at this thread about how the 341/342 was built you will understand from the pictures that you don't just remove the fridge.

My compressor is under the starboard bunk, as a separate unit.

Johan
skipper View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 08:42
"Bynnos" showed me last summer that we still got condensation on the wall behind the sofa towards the fridge so I will buy this to improve the ventilation.

Edited by skipper - 27 January 2012 at 08:46
Cheers,
Skipper
Former owner of Hanse 342 2005 (Sparcraft mast, white hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, short rudder)
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 11:30
I have that ( the white one)under my aft & forward bunk cusions & it is turned up at the sides to get ventilation to it
After 1 season I can conclude that it does not work !!!
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 20:28
Thanks Samuel. You've saved me a pile of money. We just stick a fender under the bed during the day from time to time so air can circulate.
Suggest a small spacer, such as a length of pipe, be put behind the 'fridge' cushion overnight or when not in use to similarly allow air circulation.

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
skipper View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 12:18
Hijackers, what about starting a new thread on subject "ventilations" so that we could gather together different working solutions to improve comfort onboard....

Edited by skipper - 28 January 2012 at 12:18
Cheers,
Skipper
Former owner of Hanse 342 2005 (Sparcraft mast, white hull, wheel steering, deep draft keel, short rudder)
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 01:53
Don't know what you're thinking. Not hijacking. The posts are related to your Own post by advising you that you may be wasting your money on something that may not work and, that natural air circulation can be the best way of alleviating local condensation.

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
Lippe View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 10:13
There is currently ongoing discussion about ventilation on 461/470 forum
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 10:21
But that is ventilation on 461/470's, not on these other models. Talking of other models, my 301 does not seem to have a the problem of the fridge causing condensation problems at the back of the seat cushions, the must have figured out how to solve it....
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 21:34
Hi Skipper

What did you do to insulate the Lid/hatch?

I have measured my fridge and it looks like it has 2 cm insulation build in the glassfiber.
Have anyone drilled a hole in the box, that can confirm that?
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
skipper View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2012 at 10:16
2 parts pu foam, for detaljs please ser the First page of this post. Over the years and yacht models could the insulation (or lack of it) be very different. I can only describe our yacht model.
Cheers,
Skipper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>