myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 320
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Floor boards and bilgewater

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 12:18
Originally posted by poole pirate poole pirate wrote:

We had a lot of problems with bilge water until we discovered the cockpit shower fitting split every winter. After replacing three times we now hopefully have a slightly better one.
+ 1Cry
My ship has also leaks at the deck shower and the shower in the bathroom.
Old Finn View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 15:14
Hi Louba,
after changing the plastimo-plastic showerhead with a metall one, I didn´t have anymore problems with leaking showers.

axel
S/Y Indian Summer H 320#411 - Sail today, work later
Windsurfer View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 21:19
What brand and model was the metal shower Old Fin??
Hanse 320 #079
White hull, tiller, short keel and rudder, standard North sails, Sparcraft rig
Old Finn View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2012 at 11:37
Hi Alex,
I´ve found the showerhead - Have a look at this picture - price: about 13.00€ plus freight

under this link http://www.ebay.de/itm/Bidet-Dusche-Camping-Dusche-Boots-Dusche-Wasser-Stopp-/220925277464#vi-content.

have a nice day - only 45 days till season starts again.

axel

S/Y Indian Summer H 320#411 - Sail today, work later
Louba View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 18:37
poole pirate View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poole pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 10:25
Having just sailed from Poole to Falmouth in four hops in force 6, we also had water sloshing around the bilge, and now the electrics from the shore power trip out as soon as we try to turn them on. I shall have a look under the sink etc. as mentioned by a previous sufferer.

We have also been getting a considerable amount of water in the fore cabin, when taking water over the bow and in particularly heavy rain. It can only be coming in the fore hatch. We re-bedded the hatch in the main cabin, and I suspect the fore hatch has also been poorly sealed. We seem to be getting a lot of white powder washing out from somewhere. My suspician is that it is because the screws fixing the hatch have not been sealed, and water is finding it's way into the lining before leaking out again. Has anyone else had a problem.

I must say, you would think anyone building a boat would make it water tight as a first priority!

Poole Pirate.
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 10:41

Re white powder

was the last owner making lots of regular night trips ?
I get a small amount of white glassfibre dust on the saloon bunks after a rough sail even after 8 years
It is caused by the large amount of debris trapped over the headlinning at manufacturing stage & is not a problem ( apart from having to dust it up)

Re the leak
Not all forecabin leaks are through the hatch. If We take a big sea over the bow & fill up the anchor well it somehow leaks into the lockers under the bunks & the leading edge of the cusions get wet. It seems to come in roughly near where the pulpit rear legs are situated.  it is not actually the bolt holes that leak but the bulkhead at the back of the locker is not properly sealed in the corners
The water can sometimes feed along the tops of the shelves & then dribble down roughly opposite the hatches. In the scheme of things it is no great hassle to us as it has only happened 3 or 4 times in 8 years. But it does beg the question WHY???
Fortunately we do not get this very often as the hanse 312 is an extremely dry boat unless it is an awkward chop
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
JohnA View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 10:49
Water can leak into the bilge if say a tap fitting or similar is leaking.

Regards,

John

Edited by JohnA - 04 November 2019 at 22:18
Hanse 320 #464 'Discovery'
poole pirate View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poole pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 11:18
Thanks for the suggestions John. There is bilge water in lots of totally inaccessable places it seems. We have a small hand pump to pump out what we can reach. We have just replaced the float switch and re wired the bilged pump, but as you say, it is in a stupid place. Why are there no linking holes through the bulkheads?

We do have the switch by the sink wired in, but will try to isolate it to test the shore power. I might wait until my electrician comes to sort our instruments out. We are stuck in Falmouth for a few days.

Poole Pirate.
CharlesP View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharlesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 13:23
Poole Pirate - you speak about water getting into the bilges.
Do you have water dripping down from the forward hatch or from around the mast support ceiling area and on to the floor. We had this. In the former case the screws and frame externally were re-sealed and the problem cured. In the latter, we sealed the external "U" tube which takes cables from the bottom of the mast and into the boat with Duct tape and forming a witches hat to cure the problem (waves over the foredeck splash up this "U" tube).

Charles
'MERIDIAN LADY'

320 Nr 536 2010

Medway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>