myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 355
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early experience 355#004 + some improvements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early experience 355#004 + some improvements
    Posted: 04 September 2011 at 19:17
Hello,

First 1500 nm done with new boat and generally I am very pleased with it.

After commissioniong there were few issues and month of May was more or less ruined because boat was unserviceable. These are not worth sharing since they were really not related to the boat but actual commisioning. I do hope lessons have been learned - on my side I am ok because the contract was written in such way that I was given a fair compensation for the trouble.  

During June further issues were detected such as a small fuel leak and water leaking from the anchor locker due to a small hole.

But since these were fixed things have been very smooth. During the 5 week and 1000 nm summer holiday trip not a single problem occured.

Sailing qualities are very good, especially performance with light winds is a nice surprice. I had budgeted a 110% genoa for next season but there is no need for it. I am yet to take the boat into very windy conditions (>14 m/s) but I trust she will perform well. Also D1-20 with 2-blade Flex-O-Fold is strong enough and boat runs 6,3 knts with 2200-2300 revs.

One thing with Hanse is that it will take few years to do all needed modifications. 355 is little bit like American car - very big but a lot of room has been wasted. But not permanently, I will plan carefully what sort of mods and changes in the future will be done and how space will be utilized more efficiently. 

Here are some, in my case essential modifications I have prioritised:

Bowsprit (Bow anchor seldom needed in my area):

Cockpit locker - Heater ducts, fuel line, power cable protected and fresh air inlet next to the port winch. This could have been done by Hanse already?

My solution for the gennaker tack line in cockpit, works very well...

Air inlet for the heater + cleat for the ST-jib reef line:

I will post further ideas & solutions in the future...

- Perttu

Edited by Perttu - 04 September 2011 at 19:17
Henrik84 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henrik84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 17:15
Well done Perttu. It looks really good.
S/Y LaRey
Hanse 320 #430
Gothenburg, Sweden
Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 19:12
Perttu,

Your boat is looking very nice.

Why do think you need a fresh air inlet for the heater ?
It's my second yacht and my third heater and I never need such a fresh air inlet.
There is enough "natural" air leaks through the locker for the heater.

I also made some improvements on my H355 for jib line and tack line. but there are both on starboard side with a double clutch.
I will post photos as soon as I can.
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, removable mainsheet track system, Simrad (now B&G)-Jefa autopilot.
Perttu View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 21:36
I had several years Hanse 312 with no fresh air inlet. Sometimes I felt that some fumes or other unpleasant stuff was coming with the heated air. Solution was to keep the locker door slightly opened. You could tell the difference when the door was open...

So with the new boat I wanted to fix this. Also now I can store chemicals etc in the locker without worrying. Eberspächer also recommends that fresh air inlet should be directly into to the open. I think it should be like this by the yard as standard...

Another improvement I forgot to mention was to install Rutgerson Battcars. Now I can hoist the main in few seconds! This is very inexpensive and easy thing to do and makes life much easier...

Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2011 at 10:04
Perttu,
Do you have Z-spar or Selden mast.
I think your solution is suitable only for Z-spars because Selden "C" masts suits both standard cars and Selden's MDS cars.
My yacht was delivered with Selden mats and 5 MDS cars (one for each batten and one for head). The others 11 cars are standard. I plan to swap these for MDS intermediate cars.
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

White hull, 2 cabins, Volvo D1-30, Selden rig, removable mainsheet track system, Simrad (now B&G)-Jefa autopilot.
Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 18:46
This is my solution for gennaker tackline and jib reefing line.
To instal Spinlock cluth I had to cut a part of white wooden ceiling in aft cabin.
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 19:00
These photos show a access hatch in the shower bunk (2 cabins version).
Better access to wires, pipes, ... + some storage space for cleaning devices
Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

Brufan View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brufan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2011 at 19:05
TV, DVD and Bose soundsystem

Bruno

hanse 355 - 57

S/Y Spicy Ginger

PeterN View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 18:11
I could live without the TV... but the bose sound system would be awesome.. have one at home

Peter & Sue
Hanse 355 #005
"Vryheid"
"Vryheid"
PeterN View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 18:13
Where did you get the shopwer bunk hatch from? I like that idea. I'm thinking of pitting one into the outside/back wall of the shower for access to the blackwater tank.  Also like the line tidy in the cockpit locker. 
Peter & Sue
Hanse 355 #005
"Vryheid"
"Vryheid"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>