myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 630
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3 years with MMBW Nicole

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alettaenmarcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 10:08
thank you for your reaction Panos
I thought you were selling , and was wondering why.
You understand , we ( hanse owners ) need your expertise at this forum and I am glad you are keeping you 630 and staying on the forumSmile
greetings Marcel
Kids Dingys 72-79 ,Several Windsurfboards 79-86 OK dingy competitions 86-92 , Trotter Pandora Race 92-98, Friendship 28 Sport 98-05, Hanse 370 06-......
Windsurfer View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 20:57
Panos, you still haven't answered my question about 540 and 470...could you please explain in more details...
Hanse 320 #079
White hull, tiller, short keel and rudder, standard North sails, Sparcraft rig
panos View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 22:45
@windsurfer : I started to miss sailing alone or with my wife. The 630 is a very nice and desirable boat but I am "trapped" to have at least a permanent crew on board and singlehanded sailing is completely out of question. 
Panos

Hanse 630e - selling her -
sailkoop View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 18:26
Hi panos,
If you are missing a two handed trip a lot, I only can give you the tip to go to a 470e!! Best to sail with your wife and for me also the best boat for racing with a crew, in or offshore!!

All time a handbrite
best regards

Bjoern

samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 12:53
panos
I did not realize you came from Greece
& now you have let slip that you want a smaller boat !!
So here is an idea - flog the H63, buy an H320 ( you will love it)
With the rest of the change send some of our 120 Billion trillion euros back
Then I could buy a 355 out of my pension & Johan could by loads of spares- rudders , swim platforms, windows etc. The euro would be saved , you would be a hero &  the Hanse flag would prosper & we could all go sailing together. the world's problems solved at a stroke Thumbs%20Up

Edited by samuel - 30 September 2011 at 12:54
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
seileren1 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seileren1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 13:54

Interesting discussion, I sail my 430 single-handed. Is it possible with the 545 or do you need two-handed or a whole crew for this boat also?

Cheers
superliga View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superliga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2012 at 18:10
Hmm. I thought the 630 would offer shorthanded crusing. 
But you are right about the shorthanded options with the 470.
I can use my 470 singlehanded in any conditions. Up to apr. 12 knots i can fly the Asymetric Spinnaker of +200 M2 if the waves are not too big - the autopilot will not hold the boat stable long enough for me to pull the snuffer down.

I do agree on your opinions about Hanse.
After 4 seasons i have not found a replacement for my 470e meaning apr - but the carbon rig would be nice to have on the 470 Smile 

The closest option for me would be the Shipman 50 in full carbon.

PEARL - S/Y SUPERLIGA - HANSE 470 e - Hull #168 - hanse470.com
Easy_Diver View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy_Diver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 21:30
Hi Panos,
Can you give some feedback about the hull condition, any color fade, especially in way of fenders ?

tobo View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2013 at 11:04
Dear Panos,
After six years of sailing a 470 I can agree on most of your comments, except for the watermaker (Schenker 60) we very often used as it was difficult to get water in Greece if you have a 2.60m draft. Our Simrad - which is of course much simpler than yours - collapsed about 3 times in these years loosing their IP-adresses but as you say if someone is willing to study manuals you can manage such situations.

Even your comments on the dealership are totally correct. (Mine was Dutch-Croatian but nothing better) It's a pity Hanse does not do more to train dealers as they are absolutely crucial for the image of the brand. After one year of sailing our Hanse I knew a lot more than my dealer! I often missed the commitment to the job!  but it may be better now. Of course it's difficult to make a Swiss guy happy.

Final question: Do you stick to Hanse? Ever looked at a Bordeaux 60? (http://www.cnb-yachts.com/) The B60-owners also seem to be a sworn in community like Hanse owners. If I had the money I would buy her right away!

Edited by tobo - 02 January 2013 at 11:37
Thomi
jeancharleb View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeancharleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 15:44
Good post Panos, what I find so good about revelations is that, it positions ourselves more rationally with our personal opinion on our boat and / or dealer.

With my Hanse 470e 2010 ( 4th season coming ) I had so many problems that owners of Hanse would never believe. Almost went through everything in 3 years.

Just for respect I would like to use your  post as a template to post my comments on mine in 470 section of course. Would suggest that every section does it the same way. That way a excel tabloid could be made for quick references!
Jean Charlebois
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>