myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 370 / 375
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jet thruster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jet thruster
    Posted: 02 November 2011 at 19:10

Have any other 370 owner fitted a jet thruster I have contacted
Holland Marine Parts who manufacture a jet thruster and have sent me
details the unit they say would do is JT-50 Single andrequires a lot less work than a bow thruster, I have to check to see if it is possible to fit.
It only requires 3 holes one for water in and two for the jet thrust out and the price is about €3500.
The Email of Holland Marine Parts is info@hollandmarineparts.nl
silvest
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 07:40
Hello,

this means: 2 extra batteries, creating a 24 Volt system for this truster ?
What is security if one of the hoses gets loose due to the high pressure on the system ? And why is the inlet taken so far on the back of the ship ?
First 4000 miles, no substantial problems
silvest View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 09:28

Hi
The system is 12 volt no extra batteries required and the hoses
are to lloyd!s register, and I believe the intake does not to be
right aft it is whereyou can fit it.

I believe it is possible that any through hull fitting can sink the boat if
not maintained ( like the hanse that sank due to the auto helm not fitted correctly)

I am only looking at this system check there web site they have fitted
this unit in a 39ft beneteau.

silvest
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 15:25
Hi,
i calculated the kgf, came out with result that the 50 is to small and the 70 is apropriate. The 70 can only be delivered as a 24 Volt system...
kweetje View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kweetje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 15:31
the 50 is also only 24V i believe ?
silvest View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 18:01
 Hi
 On the price list that they sent me the Jt-50 is 12V/ and 24V Item 1 of there price list.

They have said that the JT-50 would be Ok for the Hanse 370 but I have not calcalated it , also I have not looked into if it is possible to fit it yet I was hoping that some one has fitted a unit like this.

They have Emailed me and have said that any help I require contact them
they said that they have not heard of this unit being fitted to any Hanse.
silvest
gertha View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 19:13
A quick look at the info for the system appears to sugest 24 volt; either way 12 or 24 a beefy battery bank is needed as there are some large amounts of amps required.
For my own info what is the price difference between the jet system and a dropdown bow thruster, by way of capitol cost; my feeling is there will not be alot of difference in cost fitting, one big hole reinforced or three holes.
I would not like three holes of the size required as the water flow on the bow will be compromised; but I am a bit sail and sailing for speed, so a personal point of view.
Simon
Swanned off
Ian Robinson View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Robinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 16:51
Hello Silvest,

It will be interesting to hear how it works in practice, if you go ahead.  A friend of mine seriously considered fitting a jet-thruster to his Fisher 37, but in the end decided the performance was sufficiently uncertain to take the risk and he fitted a standard propeller unit instead.

I had a Vetus 60kgf fitted to my 370 this year and it has been very effective.  I haven't raced much this year, but so far I cannot detect any significant loss of performance.  I paid £4250 fully fitted with the extra battery.

Regards

Ian

Ostara a 370#88
silvest View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 18:55
Hi Ian
I would have liked to hear from some one that had fitted a jet- thruster before
I fitted one  I think it is going to be impossible to accomadate the unit into the
boat, and the price that you quoted for the bow thruster is very good and I think
the jet thruster would work out about the same, I do race and I would be concerned
about the drag with a bow thruster and my Grandson said he would not sail with
me if I fitted a bow thrusterLOL
silvest
MarcoC View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 13:08
I looked at a similar solution couple of years ago and thought it would be nice regardign to the sound and the small holes. I also considerd to have 5 holes so I could stera the boat sidewards in harbours etc. But when i heard that it was only possible to use the jet max 4 minutes before it was overheated I skipped the idea. Not that I think you need 4 minutes in a row to use a thruster but I did not want to have anything that risked to get overheated.
"Älva"

Hanse 370#671

Stockholm, Sweden

www.wesailhanse.se big wheel, deep draught iron keel, 3 cabins,Yanmar 3JH4E, Sparcraft rig.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>