myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > General > Chit Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photographing the fun of sailing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
Author
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:55
Duke, your pictures are certainly of people and dogs having fun, brilliant pictures. Big smile

I usually do not take picture of people so will have to change this summer, but I have got one that I think may be eligible for this thread. What you have to bear in mind is that we are in Lorchranza at the north end of Isle of Aran, the sun is there is no wind but the water is still damn cold.............
The look on the face of one of my crew is not from the cold water but from the breathtaking views around us......LOL

Edited by holby - 12 June 2012 at 22:55
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
Inopio View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inopio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 23:07
This one for the category of places.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Islas+Columbretes,+Castell%C3%B3n+de+la+Plana,+Espa%C3%B1a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=35.821085,79.013672&oq=isaas+columbretes&hnear=Islas+Columbretes,+Castellon+de+la+Plana,+Castellon,+Valencia,+Spain&t=m&z=14

Inopia
Hanse 312
Bahía de Cádiz, Spain
Gregor View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 05:01

Smile

Gregor
Uisge Beatha

Currently sailing Dehler 36 JV (2002)
Previous boat: Hanse 311 #80

http://www.uisge-beatha.eu
holby View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 05:58
Gregor, excellent.
Hanse 301, tiller steering, Volvo 2010 (10hp)
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 07:43
Dave
Remember you have to show a part, or all of your boat, in the photo. After all it is about having fun in a Hanse!!
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
h315idra View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h315idra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 21:56

Edited by h315idra - 13 June 2012 at 22:00
Alessandro Camerini

315#526

Marina di Salivoli, Piombino ITALY
h315idra View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote h315idra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 22:01
@inopio: Stunning!

Edited by h315idra - 13 June 2012 at 22:02
Alessandro Camerini

315#526

Marina di Salivoli, Piombino ITALY
The Duke View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 14:53
Hey Johan
I see from your picture when you are sitting on the Boom with your daughter! that you have a pulley block on your second reefing point. What is this for? I presume it is to reduce the drag coefficient of the line through the stainless steel ring. Does it work and is it worth doing? Also do you have the same arrangement for the first reefing point or as this is quite a small reef it may not make that much difference.
PS. Good picture by the way. I am hoping my two daughters are going to spend time with us on the boat over the summer so I can get similar pictures / memories.
Regards
Richard
The Duke

Hanse 312, White hull, standard rig, Wheel steering, 135% genoa
samuel View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 17:40
The Duke
This is an essential part of the reef system.
In fact if you can fit blocks with roller bearings you will notice how much easier the reef is to set.
You also reduce the risk of pulling the eye out of the sail due to the line having a tight turn around it
If you do not have this set up then stitch up a short piece of webbing with loops each end. One loop through the eye of the block & the other through the cringle in the reef point.
To stop it pulling back through the hole you can put a shackle that is too big to go through the hole. Ideally you want a ring on both ends of the webbing but this needs to be stiched insitu on the sail. Do not use swivel blocks because if the rope has a twist in it it tends to twist the block. When the load goes the block pulls tight to the sail & does not rotate out of the twist. This makes it difficult to pull the reef right down.
I use blocks with penty of load capacity as the typical lewmar blocks can be a nuisance. I had the cheek open up & the rope jammed in the sheave preventing adjustment of the reef. I had to dismantle the block. I now use Barton blocks with 60mm sheaves
Daydream Believer- Hanse 311- No GBR9917T- Bradwell Essex
The Duke View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 20:50
Good tips Samuel. Thanks I will have to look in to this as I have the reefing lines going direct to the cringle and although this works there is significant friction. Cheers
Richard
The Duke

Hanse 312, White hull, standard rig, Wheel steering, 135% genoa
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>