myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 355
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boom on 355

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 17:13
Where exactly does the boom brake, around the most aft blog?

Have a look of this gybe around 2:15 mins https://vimeo.com/44588613 - true winds 20-22 knts, loads are not that high.

Perttu View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 19:18
I have added now full cockpit traveller (Harken gear + Easymatic 8:1 two speed system)  to S/Y Lee. First experience is immensely positive, 355 really likes to have more twist than you can actually generate with std 2 blogs on the roof. We did approximately 50 nm with winds around 7-14 knts...

Edited by Perttu - 15 July 2012 at 19:20
superliga View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superliga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 23:37
Originally posted by panos panos wrote:

Hi,

Mid boom sheeting is IMHO just for the B-boats : 80% in a marina, 15% motoring and 5% sailing with perfect conditions only.

Well... Even Swan had mid boom on some old models
PEARL - S/Y SUPERLIGA - HANSE 470 e - Hull #168 - hanse470.com
superliga View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superliga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 20:49
Perttu,
That's a really nice solution.
I am considering that on my 470 since i really miss the possibility to play more with the main trim.

Do you have problems with the sheet catching the compas pidestal ? 

panos View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 21:08
Hi,

They (Swan) even tried in mast furling. Does this mean that in mast furling is acceptable?
Panos

Hanse 630e - selling her -
superliga View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superliga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 22:38
no
Perttu View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2012 at 21:38
Originally posted by pearl pearl wrote:

Perttu,
That's a really nice solution.
I am considering that on my 470 since i really miss the possibility to play more with the main trim.

Do you have problems with the sheet catching the compas pidestal ? 

Cheers, that is something I was slightly concerned. But in reality there is plenty of room (20-30 cm)... I will also use Wichard boom brake so gybing should be comfortable as well...
panos View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2012 at 22:35
@petru: very nice job. I am only a little bit concerned on the strength of the attachment point under the boom. IMHO a belt around the boom would be better and stronger. I had this attachment in one previous boat ( at the boom vang) and after getting loose, finally the boom lips opened and the vang got loose - nobody got hurt.

Edited by panos - 30 July 2012 at 22:39
Panos

superliga View Drop Down
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superliga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 22:02
@ Panos
About the boom sheeting. Look at this Wally 130. 

The main sheeting point on the boom is not that far off the Hanse minboom sheeting. Just an observation. Personally i prefer the system you have on the 630. 

But you could convince me to take the Wally instead Tongue

I think Hanses are mini Wallys anyway.
panos View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 03:24
Hi again,
If Hanse used a double tapered carbon fiber boom I wouldn't reject the middle boom sheeting so much
Panos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>