myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 575/588
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 575

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wayne's World Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 08:44
Raymond,

We currently run a 36 meter motor yacht on the Barrier Reef north of Cairns for an Aussie owner. We are intending to take delivery of a 575 in mid June 2014. We are taking a look at a 575 this June and and if the boat lives up to the advertising and we like the what we see we would place an order.

I am not sure how successful your option of using the garage for dive gear and or dive compressor will be. As I mentioned before I am not sure if this area is water tight even with the transom closed. With the transom open I would think you will get some water slopping in with some sea conditions. However if you find this area is suitable I would still ensure you run the air inlet for the dive compressor well forward and probably on the opposite side of the vessel compared to the genset exhuast outlet. I gather you are aware of the fact that carbon monoxide from the genset drive engine being drawn into the dive compressor and then into your scuba tanks can be poisonous at depth. CO is colourless and odourless and is not removed by the compressors filtration system.

When are you going to take delievry of your 575?

Wayne W
Cruising, currently in the Caribbean and will head across the Pacific early 2024
TEHSEA View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHSEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 09:55
Wayne

Will be going to Hanse factory to take a look at the boat and all the option in May or June. The current waiting period for 575 is about 4-5 month and about 1 month for shipment so should have the boat before year end.
Have to do some modification to the garage to accommodate all the stuff. Will get a electric motor compressor so there will not be any carbon monoxide problem and also divert the air intake.
TEHSEA View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHSEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 10:25
Wayne

Please comment on this instead of the Bimini top and spray hood they built a one pieces canopy to cover the aft.
seileren1 View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seileren1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 13:15

To your question about which option to choose – the answer is: it all depends. If you have few budget constrains when it comes to price and service costs, you can get almost everything. I would settle for something which is practical and sturdy and does not add extensively to the costs.

From the list above I would not go for the stern thruster – no need as the boat is easily maneuverable with just the bow thruster. I would not go with the coffee machine – buy a standalone unit which is cheaper and has better quality. Microwave – I have one, but have not used it yet.

Colored hull – nice in the beginning but you will get scratches and they will be visible. I would go white or with vinyl wrap.

Better sails are a must and highly recommended. I would not go for the furling Main. Gennaker - yes for downwind but a lot of sail to handle.

Better and bigger anchor is highly recommended. I use Rocna (33 kg) on my 545 and is very pleased with it.

Batteries – I would go for as much battery capacity as possible, even with a gen set. I would get the factory do to all of the installation – easier and they deliver high quality in this area.

I am pleased with my Simrad system. It provides me with all the information I need for navigation and sailing purposes. On my previous 430E I also had Simrad, which did not work as well as this system does.

Cheers

vzr1800 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vzr1800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 21:33
Hi,

if you intend to buy the dinghy garage option dont forget to buy the compressor for the tender It'll be mounted in the garage above the stb hydraulic cylinder.

The next thing on your list should be a Generator Panda 8000i, because you have to buy it anyways if you plan running maybe the aircondition at sea.

longer anchorchain and maybe an electrical ceran cooker (was built once in the 575) instead of the
propan/butan cooker because there will be no exchance gas tanks on your way through indionesia. and with the generator option electricity is allways around.

greets

Edited by vzr1800 - 29 March 2013 at 21:34
vzr1800 View Drop Down
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vzr1800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 21:44
the garage is not watertight, because

- there is a 2cm gap between the hull and the closed plattform and if you make some speed the water is pushed through this gap in the garage a little. not much but it gets wet.

- the second thing is the cockpit drainage that goes through the cockpit floor at the edge to the steering wheel. so all water that comes in the cockpit rinses trough the garage to get out of the boat.

And if the upper rudder bearing is not closed tight enough, the water rinses throuh the tunnel between the aft cabins to the engine bilge.

I've seen it two times already.

Greets
TEHSEA View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHSEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 01:49
Seileren1

Thank for the advise will take note of your  advise. As for the battery I intend to use LiFeP04 battery they are lighter, smaller and can last. so I can put more power on the same space. The microwave I might want to change it to steam oven.
I am sailing shorthanded only me and crew so need something simple.

TEHSEA View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHSEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 02:01
vzr1800

Will visit Hanse to take a look at the boat to see how to put  the diving compressor. Your idea of electric cooker will suit me. dinghy garage option is out for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12