myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 341 / 342
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stella*Nova in her element

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stella*Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stella*Nova in her element
    Posted: 29 April 2004 at 15:58

Last weekend I had the takeover and I'm happy to present my first photos from Stella*Nova in Greifswald.

The takeover was quite well, there are some minor problems but the Hanse guys are very activ to improve. Tomorrow I have to drive the loooooong distance (700km one-way) from cologne to greifswald again cause I have to prepare some more things before the maiden trip to Zierikzee/Zeeland/NL.

http://www.20six.de/StellaNova1

More photos will follow if you like.

Many Regards

Ralf

Eternal Flame View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eternal Flame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2004 at 08:13

Dear Ralf,

She looks great!! And did you allready have sailed her?? Good luck with the maidentrip. We will see the pictures in Willemstad. And off corse I've seen the pictures on your site. Goodlooking!!

Frank

r schupak View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r schupak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2004 at 02:57

Ralf--Congratulations  Like you, we also just took delivery & sailed her home to her mooring. I can look out my window every morning & see my "FREYR IV" at her mooring.  The sail home was exciting--started off motoring, then the wind finally appeared-light at first then building & finally reaching a steady 20-25 knots w occassional higher gusts. She handled it all VERY WELL !!. 1 reef after 17-18 knots apparent wind. Adjusting the traveller took care of any excess weather helm, with moderate backstay tension. We did not use the self tacking jib--we used an old number 2 Genoa that I had from my prior vessel as it offered far more sail area then the self tacker & moved us between 6.5 - 7.5 knots getting up to 7.9 knots once. Only significant problem is a leak in the hot water heat exchanger.

I am anxious to hear about yours & Franks experiances--Let me know please--have a happy sailing summer!!

Eternal Flame View Drop Down
Captain
Captain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eternal Flame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2004 at 08:20

Hi Robert,

Finally someone who have the same experience with reefing as I. Indeed with 18 knts. (and no matchrace) I will do 1 reef to gain some comfort. But when racing  I will let the main up untill 25 knts. Just put the traveller to lee, hard on the downhaul so that the main opens in top and offcorse with the jib. I also have a secondhand large genua 1 (almost 165-170%) that will do untill 12-13 knts. Only I cannot get higher that 33 degree app. wind. With the jib I can go to 27 degree max!! I also have measured the power on the rig. I've put 20% breakingstrenght on the upershrouds and on the backstay. After that I've put enough strenght on the intermediates and lower shrouds so that the don't go slack. Now the rig is verry powerfull (see www.loosco.com) for info about this.

For the leak in the hot waterexchancer: Please take a look if the thermostaat is standing to high (mine was at 90 degree)! If it is, there will be a small amount of water everytime you are motoring or on shorepower. It is the "overflow". If you put the thermostaat a little lower (say 70 degree) there will be almost no overflow of water. I hope you understand this. The thermostaat you can find at the back of the heater please see you manual about this. 

Happy sailing you all!!

Stella*Nova View Drop Down
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stella*Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2004 at 15:10
Many thanks for your good wishes Robert and Frank. Last weekend I was in Greifswald again to check some things and to prepare some equipment for the maiden trip. On sunday we had a short but very nice trip on the baltic sea. It was less wind but the StellaNova sailed very well. I'M looking forward to May 20th when starting our maiden trip. 
b.pronk View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b.pronk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 08:47

Hallo Ralf,

Last week we were on Rugen and on 4 may in Greifswald.We have seen the Stella Nova in the full sun, goodlooking  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Succes and a happy saling to Holland

Ben Pronk
Spice of Life
341 (# 203)
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stella*Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2004 at 09:10

Thank you so much Ben,

did you had the chance to have a view inside the Hanse-production?

Ralf

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stella*Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2004 at 20:39
Back from the transfer trip from Greifswald. Unfortunately we didn't meet our expactations to bring that wonderful ship to Zierikzee. We had west to northwest winds Bf 6-8 for the most time - exactly against the direction we want to sail. So we made the trip to Stralsund the first day by engine. The second day we sailed from Stralsund to Warnemünde (Rostock). The sea was ugly and we had some problems with the ship cause the 2nd reef was not enough for handling the boat. Additionally the main batten were not fixed correctly, so we nearly lost 2 of them.
But the basic of the boat was very solid. There was no moment of fear cause of the good boat.
Then we had to stay some days in Warnemünde and in Rostock to where we transfered the boat.
At Thursday the wind reduces and we ride to Burgstaaken/Fehmarn. Friday to Wendtorf near Kiel. Saturday to Kiel and through the NOK to Rendsburg where we left the ship for the next two weeks. I hope we will have any wind but west cause our plan is to sail to Helgoland and from there in one step to Den Helder/Netherlands. But this will only work if the wind doesn't come from W or SW.

So please keep all your fingers crossed.

Kind regards

Ralf

Does anyone of hear anything from Linka, who made the same trip two days later? I'll tried to call him on the radio but he does't hear.

Edited by Stella*Nova
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stella*Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2004 at 10:46

The enabeling of uploading images is a good thing. Many thanks to the Admin of this forum.

Find here two images of the Stella Nova:

Stella Nova in the harbour of Rostock

Stella Nova in the lock of Kiel-Holtenau (Kiel-Canal)

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stella*Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2004 at 15:21

Step-by-Step,

we are moving Stella Nova. Last weekend we transfered her from Rendsburg in the Kiel-Canal to Neuhaus/Oste, near Cuxhafen. There is a wonderful small tide harbour with a lot of streaming.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>