myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 341 / 342
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worn self-tacker track

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 19:15
Hi again

The picture is cheating...

The way the track is located/fixed on the 311 is completely the same as the 341 and 342's.

Here is another picture 

Edited by H8jer - 30 September 2013 at 19:17
Hanse 370#487 30HP 3-cabin
Bynnos View Drop Down
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bynnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 19:27
I don´t agree that another sheet on the foredeck is dangerous, it is instead an advantage. At heavy weather and perhaps in darkness you are more or less crawling on the foredeck, that means no risk to stumble on it. The foredeck is more or less empty without the sheet and there is few things to grab into.
I have now sailed two seasons with the sheet forward instead of up in the mast. I have also used a thin sheet to reduce friction.
The sheet is sweeping along the forecabin skylight but it has never got stuck as long as the skylight is properly closed. The 341 and the 342 ought to be identical in this area so it shouldn´t be a problem on your boat.
It also offer better control when sheeting on the genua winsch compared to the coach roof winsch.

But why not try yourself. No re-build is needed. The only thing you need is another sheet, a block and a shackel.

//Sonny  
Olivia, Hanse 341 #43, Bohus Malmön/ Trollhättan Sweden
Steering wheel, deep draught, deep rudder, two cabins, main sheet in cockpit, Sparcraft mast, inner forestay, asymmetric spinnaker.
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2013 at 19:33
Originally posted by Bynnos Bynnos wrote:

But why not try yourself. No re-build is needed. The only thing you need is another sheet, a block and a shackel.

//Sonny  

Hi 
This is the normal way to have a selftacker, but on this issue the 311 is not like the bigger Hanses. A grown up male can stand in the fore cabin, and therefore there's not much room on deck. I don't believe that I can do this trick. There is no line of sight from the forestay plate and the selftacker.

/H8jer
Gunnar View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunnar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 07:34
I have also rearranged the jib sheet, leading it to the bow and then to a winch at the helm. In order to avoid hitting the hatch, I lifted the sheet as you see below:

Mark&Catherine View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark&Catherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 12:54
This looks like a very good angle for teh track too.
385 ubulukutu sail number GBR 3350L in Turkey and Greece with Mark and Catherine
Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 13:57
The angle looks nice indeed, but the jib looks as if there is a lot of sailarea lost due to a short jib.
But to me a good sail should be as close as possible to the block to get the biggiest sailarea. I am wondering about the size of the jib
Blake 370
Gunnar View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunnar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 14:15
I'm not sure of the exact size of the jib, I guess it is some 22m2. The sail isn't fully sheeted in on the above picture, when full close-hauled the clew is actually a bit closer to the block.

Edited by Gunnar - 07 September 2014 at 18:33
Hanse 342 #350 "Lathans" - Horten, Norway
H8jer View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H8jer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 15:20
Red crown = Elvstroem sails.

Now It is to late, but if you order a maximum size jib that is 4 m2 smaller than expected, I would have claimed a recall and only accepted a new sail or money back.
Your experience is bad for their business, so It would have been better for them to give you a new jib. 
Look where it has put them now. Shame on you Elvstroem...
sailkoop View Drop Down
Commadore
Commadore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailkoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 15:28
Hi!
Another Picture of the Sails with the "red crown"

You have to discuss the Size and everything with the Sailmaker and it works!!Tongue
best regards

Bjoern

Peter-Blake View Drop Down
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter-Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 15:29
Missing 4 sqm, man that is a bad deal! 
Blake 370
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>