myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website myHanse.com - Hanse Yacht Owners Website

Welcome to myHanse.com the forum for Hanse Yachts owners throughout the world.

Forum Home Forum Home > Hints & Tips > 355
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12V Fuse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nilandhoo View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilandhoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12V Fuse
    Posted: 01 May 2014 at 09:01
Hi Connan,

I have a wiring dia for the 325  (2011/12) which should be the same or very close.  let me know if you want that and I will PM you with the details.

Cheers
Paul
Hanse 325 'One Life'
Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 07:45
Hanse is probably the only Yard which supplies a totally inadequate technical manual with their boats.
They switched from Philippi in 2013 to Würth Electronics for the main Panel. Looks nice from the outside, but for me it is still a mystery.
In circuit protection however they went back 25 years, by using the cheapo car type fuses, once you blow them you Need a) to find it and b) have the suitable replacement. When I blew my fridge fuse when installing a small PC blower in the fridge I discovered that Hanse has supplied a bag full of spare fuses. But these were the wong ones!
There are two tyes of cheap car fuses ( you can get them at any gas Station ), a bigger size and a smaller size. On the Würth panel you need the smaller ones everywhere else in the boat you need the bigger ones!
For the bigger ones you can get at electronics dealers two replacements, one fuse Version has a Little LED on top which lights up when the fuse is blown, the other one is a thermal Switch ( like the ones in the Philippi panels ). Replacement costs ( approx 200 € ) btw are higher than the price Hanse pays for the complete panel.
One thing I noted on the Würth Panel is that the red LED start blinking if the fuse is blown. But it remains a Trial and error job without a detailed electrical diagram.

Frank
Connan View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2014 at 22:40
I wasn't able to find one, but would love to get my hands on an electrical diagram. One thing I did discover is that there are fuses all over the place. Eventually I found my problem fuse in the large space under the chart table. Accessed by pulling out the wooden panel that has the shore-power plug on it.
Tricky.
Hdajani View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hdajani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2014 at 23:12
Does anyone have a fuse map for the 355? Finding the faulty fuse by trial an error is not the smartest way. Did Hanse post the Electrical diagrams for this boat somewhere?
Connan View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2013 at 19:34
Thanks for that Frank, ours is the Philippi model, and down there it looks like the bird nest from Hell.

Smile
cheers

Connan

Fendant View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2013 at 08:25
I have the newer Würth ( with the WE Logo) panel, assume you still have the Philippi or Calira Panel. However it is unlikely that Hanse has changed the whole electrical lay out.

On my boat the 12 Volt plug is connected to one of the cables marked 1.3.1 to 1.3.4. Somewhere should be a 10 A fuse, this is the one you need to replace. All interior lights have a 5A fuse if they are of the LED kind.
Frank
Connan View Drop Down
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2013 at 05:15
Hi guys, we've blown the 12V fuse by stupidly plugging in a hair dryer.
Does anyone know where the fuse for the 12V cigarette lighter plug on the switchboard is.
I've crawled all over the boat and still haven't found the right one.

There are some under the chart table, but they're in German.
Does anyone have a full wiring diagram? It'd me mightily helpful.

Confused

cheers

Connan
"Little Honey"
Hanse 355 #67
 Post Reply Post Reply